Improving the Diet?

March 26, 2019

Hey guys, 

Following on from my New Years post which featured my goals of the year. I have come to the realisation that for these goals to be accomplished I need to make some changes improvements to my lifestyle. 

For many years I've had severe stomach pains - In which I've struggled to go to education and work. It feels like you've been stabbed and the knife is getting twisted and twisted. You can't walk or sit still. It gets to the point where I'm fully crying and tell my parents I'm calling myself an ambulance. At first the doctors diagnosed with too much acid reflux. However, they found that wasn't the case and are still trying to find out what is causing the pain. Thankfully I haven't had the problem since the beginning of 2018.  I also find that my stomach is bloated most days and quite solid, this makes me so self-concious and will always been in high waisted jeans and not tight tops. I always say that I have a bigger bump than my sister who is actually pregnant. 

Towards the end of the year I decided I was going to cut out bread to see if that made a difference. However, this was (and still is) very difficult to cut out as I'm not a fan of cereal so always find my self having toast or toasties for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch...oops. I then decided to cut back on milk and change my milk from semi-skimmed to skimmed milk as it is lower in fat and calories yet higher in calcium. I also love my chocolate...but who doesn't! ... Also, doesn't help that it was just Christmas so I have so much chocolate and I'm pretty sure Easter is going to be round the corner very soon. 

Another way of changing up my diet, I bought some cute water bottles from Primark which I know will encourage me to drink more water. Hopefully I will fill them up ahaha. Since starting an office job I have found that I drink so many cuppas. I just cant say no when the person who's round it is asks if I want a cup of tea. Hopefully having a full bottle of water next to me, I'll be able to. 

Therefore, I have decided instead to sign up for Herbalife. I have been choosing to have one of their protein milkshake's in the morning so that lowers my bread intake. Herbalife also do a range of protein snacks which has helped me cut down on snacking on crisps and chocolate. They also do herbal tea which doesn't require milk; so therefore that also helps me cut back. I currently have the Formula 1 chocolate, cookies & cream and the banana cream shakes which I use 2 scoops and then use 1 scoop of protein drink mix (this is the substitute to milk). I then add 200ml of water and some ice cubes. After a binge of unhealthy food/nights out or if I just want to feel extra 'clean' I will add 1 scoop of the oat apple fibre. I usually have the shake in the morning to give me the boost and then once I have got to work I will have 2 cups of their tea and then switch to water for the rest of the time in work. I tend to get hungry quite quickly, so starting from January I have purchased some of their protein bars to help. Hopefully they do. 
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe