4 Ways to Unwind After a Long Day at Work

August 05, 2021

Hey guys,

Nothing beats coming home from a long day in work and taking your bra off, throwing you hair up in a messy bun, throwing on some comfortable clothes and taking off your makeup and doing your skincare regime. To be honest, when my family come over when I've got home from work they must think I'm a slob. I'm either in a pair of joggers or my pjs with sudocrem blotted all over my face. As you's may know I used to work in Food Retail so my hours were flexible and a zero-hour contract so I usually done 10:30-3pm, 3-11pm or 11pm till 7am. However, now I'm in an office job which is 8:30 until 4:30pm. No lie ins here...urgh. 

1. When its been a long hard day I love just have a pampered bath with candles and my 'Feeling Happy' playlist and having an early night. Just lying down helps me relax especially on my couch catching up with TV shows and romance/comedy films. Sometimes I even like to keep my phone on 'do not disturb' mode so I have a break from social media and get a proper break. 

2. Clean - Yes this may sound mad as a unwind but I do like to clean. What beats putting music on and spending half an hour doing a section of a room in the house? I'm in the middle of reorganising my bedroom and I am loving how it is coming along. The other day I spent a whole hour taking apart the fridge and reorganising the shelves and going through the food dates. A few days later I then spent another half an hour scrubbing the oven glass and the hob and it is now still sparkling. 

3. Exercise - I go through phases where I want to exercise and sometimes I don't want to. But whenever I do I always feel so fresh, stronger, happier and more motivated. We are quite lucky to have a treadmill and a stationary bike in the house along with a weighted hoola hoop and kettle bells. This makes me lucky in not going the gym but I feel like I should as I would have more motivation in actually exercising. Mad isn't it? Would think with the machines being right in front of me, it would encourage me. A 10 minute run can help reduce stress and feel a bit more at ease. Or even doing a few squats and lunges whilst watching TV will make you feel the benefits. 
4. Do a hobby - You work for living for don't forget to enjoy your life too. Get out the house and do something you love. If it's something you do inside but could do outside. Do it outside...fresh air will do you the world of good. My passion is photography. I love going outside and taking photographs of anything and everything. I live near Liverpool and love going to the docks around the sunset time and taking pictures. Also, I have a gorgeous blossom tree right outside my bedroom. It looks stunning in the spring and summer. But even in autumn and the winter when the branches are bear it still looks beautiful. Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love sunsets. I would say sunrise but I can never wake up ahaha. The amount of times people have told me to hurry up because I'd be late due to taking pictures. Don't ask but I have over 35,000 photos on my phone...eek. 
        Over the past few months I have been doing courses on the New Skills Academy and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have done a Reflexology and Skincare course and have even bought a Facial Treatment course. I bought these courses on offers and then when you complete a course, on log in continuously you can earn rewards to get discounts on more courses. 

What do you do to unwind after a long day at work? Also, if you're (or were) working from home how do you switch off? Leave a comment below.
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes! These are all such wonderful ways to unwind and relax after work. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe