TAG: The 40 Beauty Questions

May 27, 2016

Hey guys!

This year I have been very absent as I have been focusing on University assignments and exams aswell as making sure my health got back on form. To ease myself back into blogging I am going to do the '40 Beauty Questions' tag which I had seen a while back on Kirstie Saunders' blog - http://www.ayellowbrickblog.com/ 

How many times do you wash your face daily?
I normally wash my face twice a day; once in the morning and once in the night. However if I'm being lazy I'll just wash my face at night and then will do a proper face wash the next morning.
What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo)
I used to have quite normal skin but over the last few years it has become a combination of dry and oily.
What is your current facial wash?
I am currently using the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash.
Do you exfoliate?
Yes, every 2 days - Face and body.
What brands do you use?
I use different range of skin care brands including; Soap and Glory's face masks and scrubs, The Body Shop's eye creams, Lush and Vaseline lip products, Simple and Neutrogena facial products.
What moisturiser do you use?
I use the Olay day moisturiser or the Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream. These creams are light on the face, both smell amazing and they leave me feeling baby soft. I also use the Nivea night moisturiser as this is a little bit heavier (not too heavy) and I always wake up feeling fresh in the morning. 
Do you have freckles?
Yes, they hardly noticeable until the sun comes out
Do you use eye cream?
Yes I use The Body Shop Vitamin C eye cream.
Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Nopee, I do get the odd few spots around my face though.
Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Nopee
What foundation do you use?
I use the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Foundation in the shade Vanilla or Natural Rose, depending on how tanned I am.
How about concealer?
I tend to use the Collection concealer or the Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer. These concealers are very affordable and light on the skin aswell as giving high coverage. I like to use the Collection concealer under my eyes as it brightens them up and removes the dark circles and then once I've set that I'll go over it again slightly with the Maybelline concealer. I also use the Maybelline concealer to highlight the points on my face including; nose, forehead, chin and eyes. I will also clean my eyebrows and lips up with this concealer.
Do you know your undertone colour?
I am warm toned
What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them when I'm going to town I just struggle putting them on and when I do they fall off within the hour. Due to this and finding them fiddly I tend not go for them, however I do still love them. 
Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes I did. I found it out 2 years ago when I got the Bobby Brown beauty guide. 
What brand of mascara do you use?
I'm always swapping and changing my mascaras and brands but the ones I currently have in my makeup bag are; Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara and the Max Factor Clump Defy Extensions Mascara. These are all in Black.
Sephora or MAC?
Well I live in the UK in which Sephora is unavailable. We can order it online; however the shipping price is quite high; therefore I tend to lean more towards MAC.
Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nopee, I don't really shop at MAC that much
What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
I use a beauty blender and the brushes from the Real Technique's collection. 
Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I have been using the Olay Primer which I love but recently I have been using the Nivea Men's Post Shave Balm as I have found this more hydrating and this keeps my makeup on more compared to the Olay. 
For the face?
Yes.
What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
I love using the Makeup Revolution Iconic palettes as theses are more affordable dupes to the Urban Decay Naked palette. I also love the Urban Decay Naked palette. These are quite earthy toned colours which I prefer. 
Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I don't normally use eyeliner as I think it can make my eyes smaller and I struggle to get the 'perfect wing.' But if I have to choose I would go for pencil on my waterline and I go for liquid on my upper lashes.
How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Not often as I don't really wear eyeliner.
What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I love them. I prefer them when I'm on a night out. I do my eyeshadow before my base so I dont have to worry about it wrecking my face. I love using the Makeup Revolution pigments as they have a wide range of beautiful colours. 
Do you use mineral makeup?
Nopee, I don't think so.
What is your favourite lipstick?
I have quite a few favourite lipsticks which include; Max Factor's Rosewood, Rimmel Kate Moss' collection and NYX Lingerie collection and the L'Oreal Paris Exclusive Color Riche Lipstick collection.
How about lipgloss'?
I am loving the Sleek Matte Me lip cream/gloss. I have heard lots of people compare to this the NYX lingerie collection and Kylie Jenner's lip kits. 
What is your favourite blush to use?
I love using the Rimmel individual blushes especially the; Natural Rose. 
Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
Nopee, I don't really know if they are authentic or not. I have bought a few makeup brushes before but thats how far it goes.
Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it.
Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Nopee, theres nothing avaiable around here. 
Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes I do.
Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes, I can be. Sometimes, I can miss a spot when I'm in a rush and blending. Also, there has been a few times when I have nearly finished doing my makeup and I put the mascara on last in which I end up poking myself.
Name a makeup crime that you hate? 
Foundation not blended down the neck, OTT blusher/contour/bronzer or over-drawn lips which are very noticeable.
Do you like colourful shades of makeup or neutral ones?
I prefer neutral shades but for the lips I will go a bit more colourful (bright pink or red, or a purpley-brown/red tone) (if that made sense ahah)
Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I love Lucy Hale and Shay Mitchell's makeup aswell as Kylie Jenner's makeup look. 
If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Mascara.
Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes.
Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I look the same, just a bit paler, more tired, darker circles and a few visible spots. I also feel like I look about 12-15 again.
In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Rimmel and L'Oreal.
What do you think of makeup?
I think makeup can help an individual becoming more confident within themselves as they are able to express themselves and be unique. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe