Tips for Graduation Day

July 19, 2018

Hey guys,

Its finally graduation period...After working so hard all semester and trying your hardest to get the highest grade you possibly can, you finally made and now it's time to celebrate. However, it can be stressful. Very! From graduating last week I have covered a few tips to help with your graduation day. 

1/ Bring Spare Shoes 
                                  I repeat bring spare shoes!! Even flip flops! From walking from the car park to the Liverpool Art and Design building to collect the gown and cap I was already getting blisters. By the time I got to the cathedral I was more like 'sit me down' instead of taking pictures. At the end of the ceremony I took my heels off and walked barefoot all the way back to the car because my feet was covered in blisters. 

2/ Don't rush - Be early 
                                  I was honestly so stressed on graduation, where it got to the point where I was like naa forget it, lets go home. Firstly, I had to head back to work for 6:30am as I took the shop keys home. And then my mum was in work til 12:30 when I had to be in Liverpool before 1pm to collect the gown and cap and tickets. If I was to repeat the day I would make sure my mum took the whole day off work and get there in plenty of time. Plus it didn't help that we didn't really know the area well enough to find the buildings...Yes I know, its only a 10-15 minutes drive from mine. *buries head in hands* 

This meant I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked and my parents did end up having to sit at the very back. (Luckily they did have TV screens so they could see me clearly on this).

3/ Cap hair
                                  The caps are not the most fashionable hats, and this is coming from someone who does like wearing beanies and caps. The cap seemed to fall off and made my head look bigger. It seemed that it was poorly fitted for everyone as I seen majority of people having bobby pins to make sure it stayed in place. So make sure you choose a hairstyle that you know you'll suit and that will look flawless with a cap. 

4/ Eat beforehand
                                  Me and my friend were sitting all through the ceremony with rumbling stomachs. Should have definitely had a full english breakfast or a filling lunch. One of my other friends who graduated after me came up with a good idea of taking a few snacks in her clutch to much on whilst the vice chancellors were speaking. 

5/ Prepare your makeup for the weather
                                                                   As you's are all aware that England had a huge heatwave. No matter how much primer and setting spray I put on I ended up having to put so much powder on when I got to the cathedral as I was full on sweating. Good job I had a sleeveless dress on too. It was also quite windy so make sure your outfit is not too flow or short in order to ensure you don't flash. Also, make sure your cap is fitted properly otherwise it will blow off. 
Nadine Alex x
______________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe