Things I Should Stop Spending My Money On

January 18, 2020

Hey guys,
So this year I have decided that I need to stop spending so much money that isn't worth while as I was looking at my spends and it is ridiculous. I can spend so much money on drinks on a night out and then ended up spending even more money on food and taxis. I can go through a £100 on one night out. I am also a fan of cinemas which can also add up. So this year I have decided I am going to take a look at what I can do to stop spending as much money. I am 23 soon and should really use the money to start saving for driving lessons and my own place. 
Dining Out & Ordering Takeouts
I go for so many catch ups with my friends and we end up dining out. Although its lovely to have a catch up and eat out at our favourite restaurants, it does add up. When I worked in the city centre I was prone to dining out quite a lot but know I work with my mum til 4:30pm each day I tend to just go straight home and cook. Also, I don't work Tuesdays so I tend to go for lunch each week with my Auntie whether its an actual meal or treats like brownies or waffles. But she's had her hours increased so we tend to just do it once a month now. This makes our days out more special too. 
My cousin basically lives at ours on weekends and we have a habit of ordering a Chinese and when she isn't here and my dad doesn't want to cook he tends to order Pizza. So either way we are constantly having takeaways on weekends. I have decided to not buy as much fast food to help my skin as well as saving myself money. I mean with my dad buying the takeaway I don't actually have to spend any money but I do want to improve my health and skincare. 
Makeup & Skincare
Omg I actually didn't realise how much I actually spent. New Year's Day I decided to have a massive clear out of my drawers and I couldn't believe the amount of stuff I ended up binning or giving to my little sisters. You would think I was a professional MUA or something. I had 6 of the same Collection concealers... in the same shade too. I had 1 in my day handbag, 1 in my most used town bag and the 4 in my drawer. Some were near enough empty. Then I had 3 moisturisers - 2 of the same with 1 near enough empty and 1 that makes my skin a bit greasy but I like to use this for night time. I decided to move the near empty ones to the front so then once they've been used I can then shorten my drawers down.  Think I like having the big collection, who knows ahah?!
Cinema Tickets
I am a sucker for movies. I can actually spend the whole day in bed watching film after film after film and not get bored. I have actually been the cinema to watch a film, come out and purchase a ticket to see another film straight afterwards. Its just such a chilled vibe and gets me out the house. But this year I am going to start limiting myself and maybe doing something more active and outdoors. Plus Netflix or Amazon Prime over cinema.
Food Crawl On A Night Out
I am shocked I am not fat. Forget bar crawls I love a food crawl. When we decide to end our night and head for taxi we usually go get some food whilst we wait. When I say 'some' food the girls will either go for a Subway or a McDonalds. On the other hand, I go for a Cheesy Chip Wrap in a Pizza place, then I head to Subway for a meal deal then I go to McDonalds for another meal deal. Seriously!! I'm definitely going to kick that in the bud and not be as greedy and just opt for the one meal deal ahaha. 
Gym Membership
I wouldn't actually mind spending money on it if I actually could commit to going. I go through phases where I go a few times a week but I haven't been since August so I should really cancel it or get back into it. This will save me at least £30 each month. I also find I get bored or anxious at the gym so don't usually stay in there for long so prefer to go for long walks or exercising at home using non-equipment based routines or Youtube and Instagram videos.
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe