Spring Is Nearly Here

March 01, 2020

So it's March 1st...nearly spring! As it is early Sunday morning I have decided that I am going to do a massive spring cleaning.  Life is so hectic and messy at the moment and with January and February having it's ups and downs and also with it being my 23rd birthday next Saturday I have decided to be more organised and get myself back into my routine.


  • Change my bedding - I do this every other week anyway but I am so lazy in actually making my bed everyday as I tend to get up like 20-30 minutes before I have to leave. As I'm trying to get myself into a routine I want to wake up about an hour earlier in which I can actually make my bed, go for a quick run/speed walk on the treadmill, jump in shower and then head to work. I will also be able to make myself a much healthier breakfast instead of throwing on toast or cereal bars. 
  • Have a to-do list - I tend to write to-do lists on a Tuesday when I'm off but I seen on Instagram that some girl writes her to do lists every night for the following day and this makes her be productive. I work 8:30am til 4:30pm and when I get home I tend to make the tea, jump a shower and then jump into bed for the night. I am literally the least productive person in the week. To-do lists actually help me to keep on top of my tasks and help me be productive. I've always kept a to-do list on my phone but I hardly ever look at this so I think writing it on a notepad will actually be better. 
  • Use a calendar - Last week I was sitting in the pub with my friends and one of the whipped out her diary and starting writing her weekly schedule and was telling us when she was free to next meet. We all laughed but thinking of it she is one of the busiest and productive people in our group. One of my other mates fills his calendar out on his phone and is another busy person. I am quite good at remembering dates for things such as; special occasions and birthdays but I am useless at remembering what day I have planned things and end up having to cancel and rearrange as I have double booked. 
  • Music - I was actually going to declutter yesterday (with it being the extra day of the year and all that. To be honest, I think with it being an extra day we should have a 3 day weekend...who agrees?!) but I decided to put Sweet Home Alabama on. I hadn't seen it yet and it got recommended so I ended up getting into my bed and watching that along with another 3 or 4 films. Oopsies... I don't know why I did that when I knew music is the one to choose. I have a few playlists on my Apple Music in which I just put on depending on my mood. I have: - DanceXL - Which is usually the music I use when I am about to go out or want a dance. Feeling Happy - Which consists of artists such as; Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Florence & The Machine, Elton John, Coldplay, Stereophonics, Mumford & Sons, The 1975 and The Kooks. Mellow Days - Which is a chilled out playsuit featuring artists such as; Sam Smith, Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Niall Horan, JP Saxe, The Script Billie Eilish and JC Stewart. Pure Workout - This is what I whack on when I'm about to exercise. I also love having my favourite artists essentials albums. I love The Script, Stereophonics, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, One Direction (but as solo artists), Shania Twain, Celine Dion and many others. - Yes I have a wide range of music ahaha so no getting bored. 
  • Do it in your own pace and break it up - If I do things at my own pace I tend not to get stressed and it is more enjoyable. I can stop whenever I want to so it is less overwhelming. Also, breaking the bigger tasks into smaller tasks can make it feel a lot easier and you may find that you'll get more things on your to-do list being ticked off.
  • I was trying to find an important email which I couldn't find so this has made me realise that I need to start organising that a bit more. And as Sunday's are usually my lazy days I have decided that on Sunday's I am going to keep organised and on top of my accounts and have weekly clear outs and sort into folders. I always get junk emails and subscribe to so many clothing and beauty websites which offer discounts. They must love me and my bank must hate me. As well as having a clear out I should really have a look through my Phone Contacts as there are so many people who I have lost contact with so don't really need their number. Also, I have 3 purses so should go through them and have a declutter because I'm sure they'll be full of receipts and loyalty cards to places I don't go to often. 
  • Make Back-Ups of everything - A few years ago my phone got robbed and I lost everything and nothing was backed to the iCloud. I then lost quite a lot of photos when my hard drive broke down. I have now learnt that I should back up my computer files and make duplicates on a separate hard drive. I have a folder which keeps all my important information together such as; birth certificates, school certificates, passport and financial records in. I have also scanned these in to my computer to keep a digital copy.
  • Recycle and Donate - Every few months I love to just take everything out of my drawers, wardrobe and under my bed and divide into piles - Keep, Donate, Bin. I'm not the type of girl to wear a dress once and then sell. The amount of times I have worn the same dress. But I do have the bad habit of checking my Instagram to see if I have worn the outfit recently. I love getting rid of clothes as I do have to many but then a while later complain that I have nothing and then get back online to buy more clothes. Then I moan that I have no money. Never ending cycle. I also have the habit of buying clothes and then putting them in the wardrobe ready for an event, yet never wear it. Amount with tags on is ridiculous. 
  • Check the expiry date - Anyone ever check the expiry date of their makeup and skincare? I am so bad. I have so many products that I forget when I bought them and that the usual expiry date is only 6-24months. But suppose we probably do go through them quickly, especially skincare. But it's important to check the expiry date on foods and medicines as this can be bad for your health. 
  • Put things away immediately - I am also terrible at this. Amount of times I dump my ironing on my chair and it builds and builds and builds. I always say I will do it straight away when the piles are small but I just get side tracked. 
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe