What I'm Looking Forward To When Lockdown Is Lifted

June 01, 2020

Hey guys,

How is everyone holding up? I hope everyone is using their time wisely and safely. I know once this lockdown is lifted I'll find lots of things I should have done with my time but won't have the time to do so after lockdown (especially going through my many, many photos I have). After listening to the latest update from Boris Johnson, it has left me a lot more confused and I even caught myself crying because I just miss everyone, especially my nephew who is 10 months old. He has grown and developed so much, it's crazy and emotional. I've decided that once this is over I want to be busy and value my time a lot more. Before this lockdown I used to spend my money and time on so many nights out and if I wasn't on nights out I was asleep. I bet all of you have been thinking and planning what you're going to do once we're allowed out safely again.

Family

Omg I am missing my family members so much, especially my nephew, Arthur. He's 10 months old and my sister keeps sending me endless pictures and videos to keep me in the loop but it's actually getting me emotional. He has learnt to pull himself up to stand against anything, take steps when holding onto something or someone's hand and he's developed the most contagious and loudest laugh. I'm just hoping he doesn't start walking before the lockdown is lifted. My birthday was 2 weeks before the lockdown was placed and my auntie said she would take me some waffles and I literally cannot wait for the lockdown to be lifted so we can finally go for it ahaha.
Friends
I miss my friends so much. We have been messaging constantly and every Saturday night we have a quiz which we all look forward to and it's so entertaining. Some of the answers we all come out with. I seriously cant cope that I thought Jack the Ripper was in prison for 31 years and all the others knew it was a trick question because he was never caught. I also put the Red Sea as the largest ocean, seriously Nadine it has Sea not Ocean in the name. *Hides face* What would the girls doe without me ahah?! I can't wait for the big catch up and even the big night out once the bars are safe to go to.
Hairdressers
I had my hair coloured red back in February and in March I was due to get a toner to keep the colour going. My hairdresser said if I came in for a toner it wouldn't need completely redoing for a while. But omg it has now gone ginger and before I went red I had caramel highlights so you can now see where the blonde is starting to come back through. I mean it's not completely bad and quite a few people in work have said they love the colour it's gone but I liked how vibrant the red was. It also could do with a good cut.
Nails & Eyebrows
To be honest I am quite a low maintenance kind of girl but I've decided once this lockdown is over I want my nails and eyebrows doing. Before I went on holiday last year I had some Nexgen done to my nails and when they came off my nails had actually grown. I have a bad habit of biting my nails and loved actually seeing tips on my real nails for the first time ever. I have decided once this lockdown is over I want Nexgen put back on and try and break down the habit. Also, for quite a while I haven't touched my brows as I want them to be quite fuller and thicker. Not too much as it won't suit my face shape. My eyebrows are quite sparse so I am debating whether to get microblading done to them. Anyone had them done?

Exercise
During this lockdown I've found myself getting into YouTube videos to exercise instead of going the gym and I've actually enjoyed it. I mean I haven't got any weights so should really invest in some to gain some muscle and strength. But I want to keep these exercise videos up after lockdown.

Nature
There are so many beautiful places around the Merseyside that I've never seen before - mainly due to being on nights out, working or sleeping. But there are so many attractions that I have seen around my area or where my friends have put on social media around their area. Once this lockdown is over I want to explore a lot more and it will be enjoyable to explore with my family and friends.
Travel
I was suppose to do my theory last August and I have been rescheduling due to 'not having time' and basically just procrastinating. And now I have realised I should have done my theory test and lessons a long time ago. I have bought my friends little care packages but they are literally just sitting in my room and if I could drive I would have been able to give it to them. But at least when we all meet up it will be something cute to look forward to. Also, for travel, I was suppose to go to Ireland last year to visit my bestest friend and I feel so bad that I never got around to planning or visiting her. We are both so bad and unorganised when sorting flights out or even scheduling a phone call. *hides face* I was adamant that I was going to see her this year but suppose that is out the window now. So I'm going to make the next few years count when it comes to travelling to see places and go visit my friend for a week instead of a long weekend.

Food & Drink
You know what I actually think this lockdown has done me a world of good. I've actually surprised myself. I tell everyone I don't want to settle down and like being single but during this lockdown seeing people getting stronger within their couples has actually got me jealous. I think now that I'm 23 years old maybe it is time to be mature. My sister who is the complete opposite to me and is younger is engaged, had a flat now a house, has a dog and a 10 month old baby. I know everyone goes at different places but I haven't moved out or done my driving lessons. Like come on...And also, some people may not believe me but I'm actually not missing the clubs as much as everyone thinks I am. Of course, I miss dancing, singing,  dressing up and having a laugh - oh and the live music - but nights out are my least priority. I'm actually glad they won't be open until next year because that will help me so much with my goals of saving and driving. I am actually craving a food crawl. I may be saying this now and when they open I probably wont go but at the moment I want to a full on food crawl in one day. I don't actually think my stomach will hack it and will be stuffed after one restaurant but I like to think about it.

What are you all looking forward to when lockdown is lifted? And what or who are you missing the most? Make sure to leave a comment and link to your posts and I'll get back to you.

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I can not wait to travel- its a bit far away now but here in Australia, we're opening everything up again. I'm actually going to have Sunday brunch and I'm excited. However, coronavirus did save me a lot of money by not getting my nails done so I might wait a few months to redo my nails. My friend has down microblading and really loved it so I think if you have the money, why not treat yourself x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really, so glad Australia is heading towards normality. Unfortunately, England is still quite far away, hopefully not too long though. Ooo I love a good Sunday Brunch, enjoy :) It has saved me quite a bit until now, got quite a few birthdays coming up so thats where the money I have saved it getting spent. Bet you cant wait to get your nails redone for the first time since lockdown. Ahh thankyouu for the recommendation, I'm definitely contemplating it. Loving how thick my eyebrows are finally getting but know its still got a long way to go! xx

      Delete
  2. This was such a positive post to read and its great that you are looking to the future. I can't wait to go the hairdressers either.

    www.thekellydianereport.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu! My hairdressers literally opened their books today so cannot wait to actually get an appointment xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe