August Loves

September 08, 2020

Hey guys,

I know the last monthly favourites was back in February but with lockdown I have been enjoying using up everything I have and not really purchasing anything. I mean why try out new makeup or buy clothes when your not leaving the house? I've enjoyed lockdown in the sense of not worrying what people think of my skin or what clothes I'm wearing. I absolutely love wearing joggers but feel if I go out with them and no makeup on prior to lockdown you don't really look put together. If that makes sense...

So lets crack on.

Beauty
Superdrug Layering Lab Body Mist - I absolutely love this body mist. I need to get a few more scents but at the moment I have Paradise. This scent is made up of tangerine, green tea and vanilla extracts. Oh my goodness...it smells exactly like Paco Rabanne's Olympea. It is divine. These body mists are £3.99 and are currently on Superdrug's website as 2 for £6. I think there are a total of 9 body mists. I was actually eyeing up the body mist 'Exotic' as I have heard reviews that it smells the exact same as Yves St Laurent's Black Opium. I also recently heard that the scent 'Blossom' is the dupe to Thierry Mugler's Alien, if any of yous like that fragrance. I like to spritz this when I'm in work or if I'm leaving the house. But if I'm going out to meet friends I like to add on some of my favourite perfume to make sure the scent stays. 
Click here

Iconic London Glow Bundle - Okay, so I'm not usually someone who caves to the influencers and their discounts. Sorry, I would be so skint if I did haha. These are so popular and hyped I couldn't resist and ended up treating myself. Omg I am so glad. So in the bundle you get the Prep-Set-Glow spray and Illuminator. I got the colour 'Original' and 'Original: Champagne Shimmer'. 
                     The spray is a 3-in-1 shimmering setting spray which can be used before and after makeup. Iconic London claims the spray 'hydrates, refreshes, fixes and illuminates' and I can tell you that it does. My skin feels glowing and illuminated. The product is infused with vitamin E, caffeine, green tea, chamomile and cucumber extracts. These ingredients are key in helping the skin feel radiant, calm and soothe. I also love how it doesn't make you face sticky or look too shiny. 
                     The illuminator drops are a goddess in a bottle. It is crazy how pigmented they are. One drop seriously goes a long way. The amount of people who tell me my makeup is flawless and that my highlight is on 'fleek'. There are so many ways to use illuminator drops - alone, added to primer/moisturiser, before adding makeup or when you normally add highlighter on in your routine. I love to add the drops before I apply makeup to create a dewy base and then apply my makeup like normal and then add a powder highlighter on top to give it that extra pop. 

Click here for the Spray
And click here for the Illuminator
Or click here for the Glow Bundle 
Nip & Fab Hydrate Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum & Hyaluronic Shot - I have recently just discovered Nip & Fab (yes I know) and omg I am in love. I've seen quite a few people have been hyping up their Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads but I haven't bought these just yet. So I bought these products as my skin was being a mess so thought my skin needs a change of products and something that is 'hydrating'. Just like it says in the title of their products. I was a bit skeptical of using new products especially if includes acid but I can 100% say I love these products.
                     The pumping serum is a lightweight and hydrating product that leaves the skin feeling so much plumper and I have noticed that I feel more glowy when I've used this product. You only need a tiny bit as the product goes a long way. I love that it includes hyaluronic acid as this is beneficial in helping the skin's barrier and improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Apparently, according to Nip+Fab's website, dragon's blood forms a protective film on the skin to protect against any environmental issues (i.e. pollution).
When I tend to get a breakout my skin can get really red and blotchy but this serum seems to be a miracle worker in helping them fade. Whilst I was looking up this product I seen that Kylie Jenner is a massive fan of this brand, especially this product, quoting 'In the morning I always use the Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum as it is the most amazing base for my makeup and is super moisturising'. I have seen quite a few people have said they are not a fan of the scent as it can be quite fragranced but I actually don't seem to mind it. 
                     The hyaluronic shot goes so well with the serum. The product comes with a pipette so this product also goes a long way too. These two products are amazing. Especially after you've been wearing heavy makeup or been on a night out and your skin needs a deep clean and moisture the next day. I don't know if it's just me (perhaps because I love to go out most weekends) but my body and especially my skin crave that thirst and to be hydrated again. This shot definitely does this. This product also protects the skin from the environment aswell as giving a plumped skin effect. I also like to add a drop to my moisturiser at night so when I wake up I have that instant up-and-ready refreshed face. I tend to get an oily t-zone but I get dry nose, cheeks and chin so this product is really good for combination skin. 
Entertainment
365 Days (Film) - Okay, so this film may not be everyone's cup of tea. But if you like 50 Shades of Grey and Mafia kind of films, keep reading. So, the film is new to Netflix and is a Polish & Italian orientated but it's easy to understand. To describe it briefly the main guy, Massimo, is a member of the Sicilian Mafia family, and the main girl, Laura, is a sales director. Laura goes on a trip with her boyfriend, friend and her friend's partner to celebrate her birthday and to try and save her relationship, not knowing that Massimo will kidnap her. He gives her 365 days to fall in love with him. To be honest, the film is one of them where you can predict what is going to happen next and it does (and I'm not at all defending it) glorify rape culture and Stockholm syndrome (where the hostage falls for their captor). But let me say...OMG Michele Morrone who plays Massimo, is a god send. Let me just leave this picture here...
Photo Cred: Google Images

Photo Cred: Google Images

Apparently this film is based on a book '365 DNI' and there are another 2 books, which also follows the trio of 50 Shades. Although, the scenes actually are a bit raunchier. I have seen that this film has been criticised but it has also broken several records and topped the Netflix trending charts. Can I also just mention that there are some beautiful scenery and homes throughout this film, even Laura's clothing was. 

The Kissing Booth 2 (Film) - Omg I have waited so long for this film. I loved, loved, loved the first film was so glad they were making a sequel. I mean come on...Noah is just gorgeous. The Kissing Booth came out in 2018 and was based on a high school student, Elle, who found herself falling for her long-term crush, Noah, when she signs up to run a kissing booth at the carnival. The only issue is Noah is her best friend, Lee's, brother and its against their best friend rules to get with their sibling. If you haven't seen the first film on Netflix I won't give any ideas for the 2nd film. The film is a teen rom-com and stars; Joey King, Joel Courtney and Jacob Elordi. At times it can be a bit cheesy but it's such a girly, lighthearted kind of film. It was also recently announced that the 3rd film is set to be released next year and I cannot wait. *I feel like this review is quite tiny due to 365 days but I can't spoil if people haven't watched the 1st film eek.*

The Fall (TV Series) - I binged this show within a few days. It is insane. If you haven't already, watch it. It came out back in 2013 on the BBC and stars Gillian Anderson (best known as Otis' sex therapist mum in Sex Education) and Jamie Dornan (best knows as Grey from 50 shades). It has 3 series' and is based on a guy in Belfast who goes around stalking professional 30-odd year old women which leads to him having a strangulation fantasy. I honestly can say it's worth the watch as it is so tense and gripping. Jamie Dornan plays such a sexy murderer, is that possible oops? And Gillian Anderson is an amazing actress and she honestly has her whispered voice down to a T. According to resources it got nominated for so many awards and won a total of 7 of them. It is even back to the top 5 on Netflix. 

Food
Fibre One Chocolate Fudge Brownie - I have such a sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolate. I can never say no. These aren't really an August favourite as I have been enjoying them for a while but I think they should really be mentioned. These chocolate chip brownies are a nice treat at lunchtime instead of opting for a chocolate bar or some sweets. They are only 90 calories per brownie and you get 5 in a box - perfect for lunch at work or school. The brownies aren't thick but I don't mind as I do find along with my other products in my lunch I am quite full. They are quite a rich chocolate and have them delicious chocolate aftertastes. So yummy and satisfying... Fibre One have quite a selection of treats such as; Birthday Cake, Carrot Cake, Lemon Drizzle, Chocolate Brownie, Red Velvet Cake, Popcorn Bars (Peanut Butter or Milk Chocolate), Cinnamon Drizzle or Chocolate Fudge. 

Life
Driving - So finally at the age of 23 I have passed my theory test and are currently doing my lessons. I have only had 4 lessons so far but my instructor has said I do some 'beautiful' and 'phenomenal' driving so fingers crossed 2020 isn't all gloom. 

Pregnancy - One of my long time best friends announced back in July she was pregnant. It was a good shock but also not a shock. She has expressed her desire to have a baby and this lockdown it happened ahah. I am so so happy for her and her boyfriend and I can't wait for their new journey. Ella also announced on Sunday (okay this technically September Loves but shh) at the gender reveal that she is having a boy. I knew it. Just gut instinct ahah. He's going to be so beautiful and I can't wait for February for his arrival. Also, more good news for my friend Ella is that she had her offer accepted for her first family home. Well done Ell, so proud of you x

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really wanna get my hands on the Superdrug body mist, I've seen some fab things about it online. I'm sending you so much love. ♡

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I wanna get the whole range and probably will when I'm next in the shops ahah. They are so worth the money for the dupes. Sending you love and well wishes xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe