Treat Yourself This Valentines Day

February 10, 2021

 Hey guys,

It's Valentines Day next week, right?! And I know this year it sucks because it's the first one where people can't go out and celebrate (or go out and look for love) or even go shopping for a gift and a card for their partner. I know there is always online for gifts but it's not the same is it? Mean I don't have to worry as I'm single ahaha. But maybe this year, especially with it being a Sunday, why don't we be our own Valentines? Be our own priority. I mean it is bonus if you have a partner who you can treat/be treated but also treat yourself.

I think it is a great day even if your a single. Yes it can be a nightmare seeing couples being all romantic and hearing/seeing friends talk about their partners and what they got/did. But that's not the be all end all. It should also be spent with those around you that you love and care about (although that may be difficult to do this year with the no mixing households rule). 

*These ideas could be for yourself or for somebody you want to treat (whether your with somebody, your friend, a family member). 

Care Packages:

It costs fairly little to go to Home Bargains/B&M and pick up a few treats for the care package. A care package could include things such as; a can of alcohol/favourite drink, under the eye gel masks, face masks, foot mask, hair mask, lip balm, bath salts, bath bomb, favourite chocolates and maybe a candle. 

When we first went into lockdown I got my friendship group a care pamper package as it was a stressful time so we all needed to de-stress and recharge ourselves. I have attached a picture of what my care package consisted of. 

This would make the ultimate Sunday Valentines Day - Candles lit, bath on, favourite book on the go and some chocolates with a drink...Heaven!! Maybe if you like to be tanned all the time its the perfect weekend to get tanning and glowy. And then end the night in your favourite pjs (or even buy some new ones to set the mood).

Read:

I have gotten into books since this pandemic - Think that could be because I have basically watched 90% of things on Netflix, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime and was literally becoming stuck in my bed. What's more perfect than escaping Valentines Day by sitting back with a nice hot cup of tea, box of chocolates and getting lost in your favourite book. Currently, at the moment I have been reading 'Stop Thinking Start Living' by Richard Carlson which has really helped with my mindset.

Facetime/Zoom:

Okay, so maybe in the past you might have spent Valentines with your girls who are single or with other family members but with the current lockdown situation it is quite tricky. So why not take this time to Facetime and check up on them? They will be feeling the same way you are, most likely. It will both parties the world of good. 

BuyYourself a Gift:

Have you been wanting to buy something for a while but been resisting? Why? Treat yourself!! After this whole year of pandemic, you deserve it. Think I have been doing this every payslip but I have seen quite a lot of makeup products that I would love in my kit; but yet I keep stopping myself because I'm like 'No I don't need it, I'm not wearing makeup at the moment'. But thinking of it I can buy these products, it will make the first day of when the rules lifted so much more exciting as I will have brand new fresh makeup products to try. 

Have a Movie/Series Marathon:

Put on your favourite series and just get lost in your element. Whether its Sex and the City, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Friends, One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, etc. There are so many to choose from. There are some new ones on Netflix too. Think next on my list is Firefly Lane. 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you all have a lovely day 💓💋

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. These are really good ideas. It's so hard in lockdown. I really like your idea of a care package. My friend has a birthday soon, I will put one together for her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyouu so much! Hopefully this is the final lockdown. She’ll definitely love that, another gift I put inside the package was a little fridge magnet of our friendship group which I got designed on Boots Photo online page. Sure they do mugs, keyrings, all sorts. And then also I got them a little crystal bracelet from a small company on Instagram which we all wear x

      Delete
  2. The care package idea sounds lovely! I can't wait to have a few treats. Thank you for sharing x

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can treat yourself with so many great products. You can't go wrong with some self-care pampering. Bath bombs are great. Oooh, there are lots of great books out there. Might as well take advantage of reading while we're still indoors :). I love the idea of a movie marathon! You can't go wrong with treating yourself too. Setting that budget goes a long way!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can't go wrong, everybody loves a good pampering me time. Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  4. such an uplifting post! Valentines should be a reminder to love, whether that is a significant other, your friends or yourself (or all the above). Thank you for the very important reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for reading. Sending you best wishes xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the reminder to treat ourselves on Valentine's Day. It's not always about the flowers or chocolates. I simply enjoyed indulging in self care and catching up on of of my favorite shows, Emily in Paris on Netflix.

    xo Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for reading. It definitely isn't, I mean that would a bonus because who doesn't love flowers and chocolates but it's so much more. I loved Emily in Paris, so good isn't it?! Sending you best wishes xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe