5 Destressing Techniques That Could Improve Your Wellbeing

October 16, 2021

Hey guys,

So I get stressed and anxious so easily and I have seen so many people around me are the same, especially with the pandemic and going back into work. Stress can affect us in different ways but is just a normal part of life, everyone gets it at some stage; whether it's majority of the time or just a little bit. I personally envy those who only get stressed now and then. I'm such an overthinker even with the small things. I think more and more people will be suffering with stress & anxiety now as most people are back to work, school, university. 

Here are 5 tips that can help with stress:

  1. Move - Whether this cleaning, going for a walk, going the gym - Just move your body and get active. 
  2. Write it down - I find I get my best headspace for blogging when I am anxious or stressed and want to escape reality for a bit. If your not a blogger maybe invest in a notepad, or Microsoft word or even the notes section on your phone. I always find that when I'm overthinking or if someone has irritated me just pouring my heart into a draft post or draft word document just feels like a weight off my shoulders. Anybody else done this?
  3. Mindfulness - There are so many different mindfulness apps available. I especially love the App, Calm. This really does calm me down and helps with my breathing techniques. I have my sleep patterns is a lot better. Another mindfulness technique is Yoga. So many more people are taking up Yoga, I think I hear a conversation about Yoga everyday. In April my Uncle had a few minor heart attacks (if minor is appropriate) and has since took up Yoga to help keep relaxed and you can see such a difference. 
  4. Pause, take a breathe, adapt & allow - If something is stressing you out, pause and take a breather before taking upon that stressful task. If it's somebody who is stressing you out, pause and take a breather and just think are they worth the stress/trouble/your mind space?! This pandemic has made me re-evaluate and I even got a tattoo on my foot with the word 'Pause...' with a butterfly flying away to represent me letting it go. Allow yourself to close that book (if so) or take that different path, its acceptable. There are so many different options and choices out there now.
  5. Do the small tasks first, if appropriate - I always used to find I would do the bigger tasks first as I think 'Oh hey now look at my pile now the big ones are out the way'. But then the smaller piles would be the most complicated. Depending on the task, I have found sometimes the smaller tasks can actually take up the most time vice versa. Sort your piles out or write down your tasks, scan over them and sort what you think would work for you. End of the day, it's all about destressing so what works for me might not work for the next person, so it is literally on what is best for you.
Have you got any other de-stressing techniques? Leave a comment below. 
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Really useful tips here -- it can sometimes take small activities or steps to help us de-stress and these are easily to give a try and see what works. Thanks so much for this information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to covid I also re-evaluated my priorities in life. I try to stay focused and organized to what I have to do. I also am aware of even if I don't manage to accomplish everything I had planned it is ok cause I did my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do have to take into account that even though covid and the pandemic has been awful and we have lost people due to it, one positive thing is that has people's perspectives and priorities right, hasn't it. That's good to hear that your taking it into account, you would always feel negative if you didn't have that mindset x

      Delete
  3. Writing it down helps me so much! I like doing a brain dump or sometimes turning it into a blog post too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it's one of the best posts. Having a 'brain dump' turns your post into a unique and interesting one to read x

      Delete
  4. These are all great tips! I re evaluated so much too during the pandemic and anxiety has skyrocketed, but taking a break and breaking in smaller tasks helps x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your okay and your taking it easy. Having anxiety is awful but the pandemic has definitely made it skyrocket and sometimes unbearable. Definitely good tips to take onboard x

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe