How To Make Yourself A Priority

September 19, 2022

Hey guys,

Everyone knows that you, yourself, are the number priority and should always be. We're all guilty of not putting ourselves first. I have definitely been guilty of this the last few weeks. The way I have been spoken to by people I thought I was close to has made me go 'Woah I don't deserve that' and I took the initiative of taking a step back and actually evaluating - 'What did I actually do?', 'What does this person bring to my life that others don't?' and 'Why am I involved in drama at the age of 25?'. 

'The first key, the key to unlocking your universe is to put yourself first' - Connie Cash
My current nightly reads & gratitude book
Whilst taking the step back, taking time for myself and doing the things I enjoy I came to realise that I am so much more, and I should be making myself a priority on a day-to-day basis. Here are some tips (if you ever forget to put yourself first):

  • Get rid of guilt
  • Make time for yourself
  • Speak kind not just to others but to yourself
  • Let go of things you can't control
  • Stop saying yes
  • Love yourself & the skin you're in
  • Don't be afraid to ask for help
  • Tell yourself you can - TV show Pretty Smart - Eye (I) can 
  • Surround yourself with positivity
  • Start a journal
  • You are enough
  • Manifest
  • Listen to your body
'If you don't put yourself first, you are letting the world know you can wait—and you will wait, because each time you put someone else's happiness before your own, you drop yourself down a place until you are last.' - Oliver Myers

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is very insightful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    I have to remind myself from time to time, to prioritise myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really believe in manifesting! Telling yourself that you can goes a long way! https://fleurdelailis.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe