Review: Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge

May 17, 2015

Hey guys!

Normally for foundation I tend to use my fingers as it saves so much time and it does not leave those streak marks you can sometimes get when you use a makeup brush. Also, it depends what mood I am for foundation because sometimes I'll have the energy and sometimes I wont. Sometimes it will look bad and sometimes it will look flawless.  
However, for my birthday I went to Superdrug as they give you a gift of triple points (plus it was 3 for 2 across all makeup) and came across the Real Technique brushes. As I had only just got into Real Technique brushes I decided to add to my collection. I heard it was a 'love/hate' kind of thing but I thought it was a popular purchase as there was only 1 left and I seen some girl eyeing it a few moments before. 

The Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge is no doubt a dupe to the Beauty Blender which stands for £16. Therefore, I found £5.99 so much affordable (like literally I could buy 2 maybe 3 Real Technique sponges for the same price as 1 Beauty Blender.) The quality of the sponge is fantastic as it has stayed in its posture and has not ripped (yet) compared to the previous sponge I had (Superdrug's Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection)



The sponge has 3 different surfaces which helps to make the foundation application easy to use. The precision tip is to help cover blemishes and imperfections, the flat edge is useful in contouring and concealing around the eyes and nose and lastly the round sides are useful in blending large areas of the face. I find the sponge very versatile as it combines each of my makeup brush into 1 sponge. It fits perfectly under the eyes to quickly blend/dab the concealer out but is also big enough to blend/dab the larger areas of the face. Therefore, saves so much time in the mornings as it is multi-purpose.





The sponge can either be used wet or dry depending on how smoothly you want the application to be. I find it easier to use dry as it does not make my foundation patchy, plus foundation can be watery itself. However, I do find that if the foundation or concealer is quick drying then it is easier to use the sponge damp.

I find this sponge is now my go-to sponge as it creates a flawless finish within a short amount of time. It is quick, simple and convenient. You can also build up the foundation to get your perfect base. 

They suggest to wash the sponge every 1 to 3 uses so I tend to clean this every other day as it is so much easier to clean compared to brushes and dries within an hour or 2 whereas my brushes tend to dry within a day. I simply run it under a lukewarm tap and use a bit of Johnson's baby shampoo. I lather the sponge with the shampoo and squeeze the sponge to get all the excess out. I then keep repeating until the shampoo on my hand and the water runs clear. 

Do you have the Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge? If so, leave a comment on what you think of it. Are you a brushes or sponge kind of person?




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I used to use one of these and honestly find a makeup brush much better but professional makeup artists tend to say that beauty blenders like these give the best finish! I may have to dig mine out again xx

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Real Technqiue's buffing brush the best brush for foundation but I do tend to use the blender as it looks more natural and is multi-purpose. xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe