North West Blogger Meetup #1

July 15, 2015

Hey guys!


So I went to my first North West Blogger Event on Sunday 12th July. How exciting! Originally I wasn't able to tend due to the tickets being released on my birthday; therefore I didn't find any time to buy a ticket. Then after my birthday I had an operation on my ankle and struggled accessing internet to purchase the ticket. However, about 2 weeks before the event someone dropped out of the event leading to me being able to go. Therefore, I am so grateful to Evette Garside. I can honestly say Jenny and Katie did an amazing job at the event as everything was organised and everything was just spot on. 
Haha yes my eyes are closed - Photo Creds: Jenny secretbeautybox.co.uk
Before I was due to set off I couldn't find my favourite go-to lipstick, Rimmel Kate lipstick in the shade 08. Then I realised I was missing 4 lipsticks. Oh-oh (finally found them after the vent but actually turned out I lost 8 not 4 and it was lil' sister who had hidden them in her drawers, cheeky.) Therefore, I had to use my go-to lipgloss instead. With 5 minutes spare I headed off to Liverpool Central to meet other bloggers. 

The ticket was priced at £10 which was incredible for everything the event included (buffet with drinks, goodie bag, talks) and an extra £10 for a spray tan. It was held at the Lime Kiln, Wetherspoons in Liverpool and lasted from 12:30-3:30pm. We had the whole top floor to ourselves (including our own bar.) Yes indeed people were getting spray tanned in Wetherpsoons. You would have never hear of that would you, ahaha! Anway enough rambling and time to actually get on with the event! 
Photo Creds: Codie codiekinz.co.uk
 Me and a few bloggers including; Codie, Holly, Paige, Steph, Kayleigh) met at Liverpool Central and headed to the venue. Once we got there we were greeted by Jenny and Katie in which they gave each of us our lanyard, (which included our name, blog and QR code which lead to our blog) a little box from Sweet Cecily's and a macaron from The Little Macaron Shop. The macaron actually tasted delcious as I had never previously had one. I was so tempted to look into the box but I wanted to wait til I got home so I could have a proper rummage through everything. The label on the box was so cute as it was personalised and had a little message directly from them. (I think I took numerous photos just of the label) We were also treated to a wide variety of different popcorns from Tommy Tucker. I would have never purchased them kind of flavours (Toffee, Coconut Toffee, Fruits of the Forest, Sweet & Salted etc) so thank you Tommy Tucker for widening my taste, they were incredible!
As it was my first blogger event I was quite nervous about meeting everyone but I dont actually know why because everyone was so lovely and it was amazing listening to each individual's blogging background and learning some tips of them. Jenny came up with a great idea in which we had to introduce ourselves and say what we blog about and what got us into blogging. However I wasn't able to hear everybody's introudction as it was quite noisy with people downstairs but I was able to go up to the bloggers and speak to them for myself. 

Once we did the introduction we had a interesting and useful talk about different aspects of Blogging from Lisa Hodson. I reallly enjoyed listening to Lisa and her experiences and tips about blogging. We then had a 1 minute rush of swapping business cards - unfortunately mine hadn't arrived, but I was able to collect other business cards whcih will come in handy. Lisa talked us through some helpful steps and tips into helping improve our blogs and our audience. 


After that talk we did a quick quiz to win an amazing gift from Pro Blo. From that quiz I learnt a lot of interesting blogging facts which I had not known before. BONUS! 


Next up was another brand called Motives Cosmetics, which was presented by Hannah Wilson, a beauty therapist and MUA. Hannah was so lovely, at first she was shy about her talk but as soon as she got into it she was fine. She demonstrated the way to get perfect brows on fellow blogger Sarah - I watched this very closely as I was in need of picking up some tips. I have got to say that brow kit was amazing. After each talk we were able to go up to the indiviudal brands and have a closer look at the products and I have definitely got to recommend to everyone to check Motives out as their contour kit and eyeshadows look incredible. Plus, they have a wide range of lipsticks, in which I did a few swatches. From the look of the swatches I can say the lipsticks are highly pigamented and do last quite a while as I had to scrub the swatches off with there still being slight hints on my hand. Motives is also an American business which has recently been introduced to the UK. And apparently it has more followers than MAC! 

Then we had another talk from Melanie Ashworth about MyShowcase. MyShowcase is a new business which has also recently been introduced to the UK which offers a wide range of cosmetics and skincare products. Their idea is to allow you to 'Host a showcase' which is basically where you can have your friends over and a MyShowcase stylist comes over and does a demostration and lets you try the products. There is also no obligation into buying the products and its free to host. How brilliant! What's more interesting is that the hostess of the party gets a 20% off discount and £40 voucher to spend on the products. I think this sounds like a brilliant idea for people to do with their friends when they just want to stay in and not spend too much money. At the end of the talk we were given these lovely pink gift bags which includes a little beauty book containing their products and a free lip balm (worth £3.50)
And finally we had a talk from the company Skinny Tan. I was so tempted to strip in Wetherspoons and get a spray tan as it sounds amazing. It is a self tanner which doesn't only tan the skin but also cares and nourishes the skin. Skinny Tan was first introduced on the Dragons Den. Comment below if you remember it) Skinny tan is packed with 'skin-smoothing natural oils' which contours and reduces the look of cellulite. Also, apparently it smells great too and its not the horrible fake tan smelll you get with most products. Skinny Tan came with their full kit and pop up tanning booth/tent offering everyone a spray tan for £10 which including a goody bag with products worth over £60. 
After all the talks and viewings of each of the brands stalls, we had a raffle which included prizes such as; £50 Boden voucher, oil burner, perfume/body sprays, magnitone cleanser and many more. Unfortunately I didn't win but I didn't mind as I was already made up with just being there and having the goody bag full of samples and products. Skinny Tan also had a raffle in which someone could win their goody bag, which was very kind! We were then left to interact with one another until the buffet was set up.

The buffet was well worth the wait. There was such a wide variety from chips, to chicken, to sandwiches and toasties, to noodles and curries. There was something for everyone. I completed stuffed myself with my eyes being too big for my belly. Hahaha! 

Once 3:30pm came everyone started to leave so our table thought it was best too aswell so we collected our goody bags, said bye to everyone and headed back towards the train station. 
It was an amazing day! I think this event has definitely given me a kick up the backside I needed to get fully committed to blogging again and to get myself back out there. It was such an organised event with a calming atmosphere and everyone just spoke to everyone. It was lovely. The amount of work Jenny and Katie put into the event did not go un-noticed and everyone was extremely grateful. I will, without a doubt, be purchasing another ticket for the next event. Also, credit to all the brands who got involved, especially The Blogger Programme. (Also find at @BlogProgramme)

But its not over...after the anticipation of peeking into my goody bag I was able to wait until I got home. And wasn't I in for a treat. :) 

The goody bag included:

– The Blogger Programme Bag
 Lush Spa Goodie Bag
– Virtue Ice Tea Drink
– Thomas Tucker Popcorn
– Earthnicity Finishing Powder
– Greener Cleaner Brush
– Passion for Natural Product
– W7 Make up
– Playboy Make up
– Mello Mallo Marshmallow
– Sweet Heart Wax Melt
– Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Cream
– Boden Clutch Bag
– Manuka Dr Samples
– Sweet Cecily’s Body Butter
– Milton Lloyd Perfume


Thank you for reading. Sorry it was a quite a long one but I wanted to justify how wonderful the whole event was. Leave a comment below if you attended the #NWBloggerEvents or if you've attended any other blogger meetups! I would like to know :)


Here is a list of brands who got involved and needs checking out:


The Little Macaron Shop


Lush Spa Liverpool


Virtue drinks


Tommy tucker


Earthnicity


ProBlo


Greener cleaner


Passion for Natural
W7 Make Up


PlayBoy Make Up


Mello Mallo


Sweet Heart Wax Melts by Kirsty


Crabtree & Evelyn


Boden


Manuka Dr


Sweet Cecily


Milton Lloyd


Ohh Deer


Motives


MyShowCase


Skinny Tan


Fuji Instax

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm happy you got a ticket as you enjoyed the event so much. It was really great, I loved it too. Can't wait for other events. Maybe next time we'll be able to chat more, I was at another table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu Anca, i really did enjoy myself and I hope you did too! Yeahh definitely we'll have to have a proper chat next time, the day was just overwhelming haha. Lovely to meet you and the others, cant wait for the next one :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely event, shame I wasn't up north and couldn't join in.

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu :) Hopefully there will be more events for you to attend, you should definitely go! Its amazing seeing other bloggers with the same interests x

      Delete
  3. This looked amazing, gutted I missed the last one but super excited to be coming on Saturday! :)

    Danielle x
    | Student to Staff Nurse |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly amazing! I cannot wait for tomorrow to see everyone and see whats in store :) x

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe