Becoming a Fresher at LJMU

October 14, 2015

Hey guys I'm back!

So I know I've been gone these past few weeks but I have been super busy with me going into higher eudcation and doing more hours in work. With it being the summer holidays I went from 10-12 hours in work to 28 hours which meant I had less time to blog which I totally regret as I should have used my time more effectively and balanced it better.

So on the 21st of September I had my first day at Liverpool John Moores University. It was such a killer to get up at 7:30am but I so excited. The first day consisted of a lecture which just went throught the course in depth and a health and safety talk. After that we met our PLG (peer learnigng group) tutor and people who are within my group. I was quite lucky as my best friend of 7 years opted on the same course and we got put into the same PLG. This gave me a bit of confidence as m ost people who go to university don't know anyone. We went around the group giving each other a bit of information about ourselves so we got to know each other. I like our PLG group as there are so many different characters from England & Ireland. Even though I live about 15 minutes on the train from Liverpool City Centre it was a completely different setting as our course is on the IM Marsh Campus which is situated in Aigburth, further on into Liverpool.

We have now been given all our assessment details (yawn) and started all the lectures (yawn) which has been quite a task. We have to be there for 9am and because I decided to stay at home (saves money as I only live 2 trains away) I have to get up at 6:30am everyday. I have to get a taxi to the train station and then the train to Liverpool Central and then another train to Aigburth and then afterwards its about 10-15 minute walk up to the campus. Its a killer! However, the hours are quite good. I have Monday and Wednesday off, Tuesday and Thursday I'm in til 1pm and on Friday I'm in til 3pm. Who would have thought I would a Monday compared to a Friday?!

I am currently studing Early Childhood Studies. Early Childhood Studies 'explores and deals with aspects of society which impact on young people and their families.' It focuses on the development, growth, health and well-being of young children from 0-8 years from both the perspective of the child and the adult. 

These last 3 weeks have been called 'Freshers Week' in which I have taken full advantage of. Freshers and other university years have been going to the Liverpool nightlife and going to town. These nights out were the best. There was so many events going on such as the; Welcome Ball (with Sigma and Danny Howard), Paint party, Foam party, Zoo party, Student Fest (battle of the different Liverpool Universities) and on Sunday the Student Carnage is coming up.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Freshers' is an amazing time! I'm a final year and what I would do to go back to first year, make the most of it, although it seems like you already have! Foam party is the best! Good luck with your studies! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu, yes I have thoroughly enjoyed it and still am. Just a shame that I seem to be on quite a lot of night shifts but suppose its for the best as I do need the money. How do you find uni? And what are you studying? xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe