Happy New Year!

January 02, 2017

Happy New Year!!
Can't believe we are actually in 2017! 2016 flew by! I love it when it's the New Year as I don't believe in the 'new year, new me' stuff but I do believe in fresh starts and another chance to do something you want to do. I believe the New Year is about leaving the crap in the previous year and bringing the happiness, good memories, the friends and family into the new year. As the years go on more and more things happen and I get much more closer to my goals.

2016 was such an amazing year but was also a huge rollercoaster. In March I went to Amsterdam which was my first little city break with my best friends. In June I went to Parklike for the weekend with my 3 of my friends. In July I went on my first girls 18-30 holiday, Ayia Napa, with 7 of my other friends.  Also, in July I found out I passed my first year of University which I am proud of because I remember telling my teachers in college that I wasn't applying for University as it didn't seem like me and I wouldn't have liked it. However, they got me to change my mind and I applied and now have passed the 1st year and currently in the 2nd year with me already passing some of my assignments. Even though I still don't like University I am still learning new things quite often and it means I am getting closer to my goals and what I would like to do in the nearer future. In August I went to Ireland alone to see some of my Irish university friends. In October I went to see Justin Bieber in Manchester with 3 of my friends too.

Therefore, to make 2017 one of the greatest years I am going to make a few New Year's Resolutions which I am going to try my fully best to actually achieve.

1. Work out more often - I have been saying this for too long but luckily my University has a gym which we can use. However, we have to be in the gym before 3pm which is a nuisance due to my timetable. But, we can pay £9 a month which is for anytime. This is a right bargain! I may also look to see if there is any memberships online such as; Lucy Meck's - ResultswithLucy or Kady McDermott's - Kady's Bikini Plan. I also have Charlotte Crosby's bum and tum DVDs. I tend to put YouTube on the TV and google exercise videos, in particular; Bums and Tums Workout. I love them workouts. These are easier for when you are staying in and when you have no/limited equipment. I have started to become more conscious about my body and I always feel quite sluggish within myself to get my confidence up I have started to work out often. Yes, the workouts have already happened! And I am gonna get them to stick.

2. Blog more often - I went through a massive phase in which I blogged about everything all the time and I had the energy and motivation to do this. However, since starting University this motivation went downhill. But these past weeks the motivation has gone back up and I have loads of blog posts lined up...make sure to keep checking back! I am looking forward to getting back into blogging and doing what I love most.

3. To stop biting my nails - This is always on my Resolutions list but this time I am going to make it stick! My friends get their nails do constantly and I get so jealous as I really do envy them. With working in Subway we aren't allowed to have nail polish, shellac or acrylics, just natural. However,  I want to get them stronger, healthier and longer as my friends and family call them 'stumps.' Therefore, by the end of 2017 I want to have beautiful, long nails.

4. To eat healthily and cut down on chocolate - I eat way to much junk, crap food, especially chocolate. I also tend to eat out regularly whether its with my friends, family, at restaurants or ordering takeaways. I can eat healthily and there isn't a day goes by where I have eaten fruit or veg but I know it could be better. I always get my 6-8 glasses of water a day without a doubt! During the summer I was getting severe headaches and eye pains and they were getting worse and then the doctors finally found out I suffer with migraines. I was always getting severe stomach pains (think period pains but about 5 times the level) and we found out that through genetics I also get stomach migraines. It is very uncommon with approximately 2 in 100 children get it with more being girls rather than boys. These are triggered from the same factors that trigger migraines. I went through a massive phase of being addicted to Terry's chocolate orange and I was eating a whole orange in less than half an hour and I was having up to 2 or sometimes 3 oranges a week. This then triggered a massive breakout in my skin and for me to feel even more sluggish. However, I didn't get much chocolate that I used to over the years for Christmas, which is lucky because once they are gone then I can start limiting myself to chocolate.

What's your New Year's Resolutions?
Nadine Alex x
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so good, glad your getting back into blogging, always nice to see fresh content. My resolution is to not let my mental health get me down and not to turn down opportunities which I always end up regretting. Be positive and happy and grateful.
    Happy new year, hope 2017 brings you joy K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou, hope 2017 is treating you great x

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe