My Top 10 Experiences That Have Shaped Who I've Become

January 25, 2021

 Hey guys,

This year has definitely has been a year of thinking and analysing and trying to become a better version of yourself. And I definitely over analyse everything. It's fair to say that everyone has noticed that lately I have been stuck in kind of a rut and so many times I need people to reassure me and just pull me back up basically. 

Anyway, what frustrates me is when my family say to me your '23 years of age', 'you have no bills', 'your single', 'you can't drive', 'you only work 4 days a week' and 'you don't know the meaning of stress.' They don't understand that it's these comments and these comparisons that put you down. There is no time scale. I may not have done them things but I am the most sociable, I've graduated from uni, I am currently doing my driving lessons, I go on holiday and do festivals, on my day off from work I am currently looking at doing a Child Psychology Course (don't hold me to that though ahah), trying to get my physical and mental health back on top and I have saved more than I ever have in previous years. So stick them comments up your a**s people. But on another note in the new year I do need to restart the gym ahaha.

  1. Big Plans
  2. Love for writing & reading
  3. Football & cheerleading
  4. Being a big sister to 3 brothers & 3 sisters
  5. Working in Subway
  6. Going to University and graduating with a 2.1
  7. My Nan dying / My Dad working away
  8. Going to a completely different high school to all my friends
  9. Having a family caravan
  10. Living in a video shop
What experiences did you have that shaped who you became?

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. A beautiful post! I'm glad that you've got a few life experiences under your belt that has helped you in life. Wishing you all the success. Thanks for sharing x

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. It definitely has, there is definitely a few more but thats all I can think of ahah. Thank you and sending you all the best too xx

      Delete
  2. I completely resonate with this! My family say the same things about me. I think the things that shaped me is my journey with confidence and getting over my anxiety - and travelling the globe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really hard isn't it with the comparisons and it's hard to think that they don't really know they are doing it so don't mean any harm. Aw thats definitely something good to shape you, I'm so glad, wishing you the best xx

      Delete
  3. This is a really interesting topic to write about. I definitely think my health and mental health help me to be more compassionate for others. Thank you for sharing. Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% it does help you become more compassionate. Thank you so much. Wishing you the best xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a great reflection post. Thanks so much for sharing your top ten experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu, glad you enjoyed it. Wishing you the best xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your experience! Have a great week!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, wishing you the best xx

      Delete
  6. SO many siblings! And haha, there is something about working in a fast food establishment that really makes a person!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha I know, it's madness in this house, especially being the eldest. Definitely, being in the food industry really does shape and teach you so much. Wishing you the best xx

      Delete
  7. I definitely hear you when you say that family mention the points “well you haven’t had it that hard” etc. I mean it is hard for everyone and no one should make us feel any different! But I have just begun a new job so I guess that is different for me and has some new changes and challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard but on the other hand I do understand that they probably don't understand that them comments can be quite hurtful sometimes. Ahh congratulations, good luck to you in your new job and wishing you the best xxx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe