How I Organise My Dressing Table

January 07, 2021

 Hey guys,

January is declutter and organise your life kinda month isn't it? Well for me it is haha. Instead of doing the whole room all at once and overwhelming myself I would start section by section; therefore I thought it would be best to start with my makeup and skincare first. In 2020 I hardly wore makeup so majority of it had either run out (physically or by expiry date) or I could pass down to my sisters. 

It was so refreshing clearing it all out and shortening down the collection because who really wore a lot of makeup in 2020?! Everytime I have a clear out my sisters (aged 13 and 14) jump on me for them and then I feel bad giving them the empty ones so I try and find some that could do with a new home and some love. 💋💄

Firstly, I started with my actual dressing table and what is on view. I help my Auntie & cousins a lot; and my cousin one time bought me this clear vanity makeup organiser from B&M (I think). In this organiser I tend to keep products that I would usually forget to add to my skincare routine but would be beneficial to my skin. This includes; Skin therapy oil, castor oil, hydrating mist and Elizabeth Arden miracle oil. I have also got my Jade Face Roller, lip balms, Nip+Fab face serum, The Ordinary toner, my weekly face mask, nail polish remover and hair oils. In a separate section I then keep some creams for my spots and some tools such as; tweezers, face razors, face mask brushes, power & bronzer brush and a lip scrubbing brush. Finally to fill up the final gaps I add a few makeup products that I use on a daily basis such as; eyebrow powder & gel, mascara, concealer and a few nude lipsticks. 

Away from my organiser my dressing table is quite clear. I have my cotton buds and pads in a dispenser. Then my Vaseline hand cream and daily perfume next to the dispensers. On the other side I have my 2 makeup brush storage pots with a little candle holder filled with my makeup sponges. Then I have my dry shampoo, micellar water (for my lazy days) and my vitamins.  

Next to clear out was my drawers on my dressing table. There are 5 mini drawers on this dressing table. 2 of them are filled to the brim with bobbles, bobby pins, scrunchies, elastic bands, hairbands and a hair donut. I couldn't really clean this out but I did get rid of all the bobbles with elastic in them and also the ones with the metal in them. Remember when we used to wear them?! Now I'm elastic free and wouldn't go back. I also moved all my bobby pins into a small empty tealight holder and made sure they were facing the same way (bit of OCD there). The 3rd drawer I couldn't really organise as it contains all my hairbrushes. The 4th drawer includes my day and night moisturisers, headbands that I use for my skincare and face masks, muslin cloths and makeup remover cloths, face mask remover cloths, spare toothpaste & travel toothbrush and my deodorant. And finally, the last drawer contains a few hairs, bedtime bobbles, or bobbles I use when I throw my hair up to do my makeup, post it notes and pen (sometimes I need to jot something down to remember when I'm doing my skincare or makeup so I keep these handy haha), mini cloth that I keep handy so I don't get makeup on my pants & table and then I have a mini Simple bag which contains a few spare face razors, lip scrubs, tweezers and spot extraction tool.

I was going to move onto my makeup drawers but didn't realise how long winded and how much rambling I was going to do. 🤣So I'll definitely save that for another post (if yous are interested ahah). 

Do you do the same in January with a big clear out?

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooooh it is great that you've organized your dressing table! Love the organizer you got! It is always nice to be able to bundle your belongings together. I like how you maximized your storage space as well. The biggest challenge for me is keeping things organized. Thanks for sharing your dressing table! I cleaned out my old clothes just last week!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyouu, it does make things a lot easier! Organisation is one of my key things for 2021 to make sure I keep up, spent all of yesterday decluttering and organising so make sure to check out future posts on more organising! 💛 Definitely so much easier bundling things together instead of rummaging through everything and getting annoyed when you can’t find something ahaha! Oo did you, how did you get on? X

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe