Preparing For A Successful Year

December 30, 2020

 Hey guys,

What a year it has been. Can you cope it's 2021 on Friday? I can't. I'm not mentally not prepared. I'm exhausted and drained. 2020 has been somewhat a hell of a way to start a complete new decade, hasn't it?! Reflecting back on the year there has been many lows but a few highs (I keep forgetting that I did actually pass my theory test this year so I am actually half way woo). 

Following on from my post yesterday Boris Johnson intelligently put majority of the country in Tiers 3 and Tiers 4 starting from midnight. Thanks Boris for encouraging house parties. Thanks for the short notice especially for NYE plans too. Great one.🙄 But best to keep safe though isn't it and hopefully it's positive news for this vaccine too🙏

2021 - New Year & 365 days of a new chapter & new beginnings. We definitely need to make 2021 a better and more positive year.

Review Your Year | This is the first thing you need to do. What are your highs and lows? What have you achieved? It's okay if you haven't, just surviving 2020 is an achievement I think. Question where you are - How are things going? Are you happy? Are satisfied? Have you got the work-life balance? - This will help you set some goals for the new year so in a whole year's time you'll have a completely different mindset. 

When reviewing my year I broke it down into categories and then thought about how each made me feel and what, how and if I would change any of them:

  • Family
  • Friends
  • Work
  • Health & Fitness 
  • Emotional & Mental Wellbeing
  • Driving Lessons
  • What about my degree I haven't used yet
  • Finances & Spending

Set Some Goals | My goals for next year is to basically pass my driving test, be more positive and have more fun. The amount of un-needed stress and sadness I have had this year (thanks to my brain & overthinking) is crazy. I want to just be my free spirited self again and be loose again. Plus all the usually goals - Tidiness, Happiness, Actually making my bed everyday, Getting my fruit & veg in, 8 Glasses of water a day, Exercise and Saving. 

Aswell as setting some goals maybe think about turning your bad habits into good habits. On weekends I wouldn't really do much apart from go on nights out so thats where my money would go. But with this year I've actually been getting up earlier than usual, making my bed and going for long walks with my family and friends. And that feeling afterwards...Also, when I'm stressed or anxious I am a nail biter and with this year I kind of bit them down to the point where I was crying because my hands hurt and was covering them like Juni from Spy Kids so I could day-to-day tasks so I've now I've been going to the nail salon to get them done (as a treat) because then I physically can't bite them and it will break the bad habit.

Photo Credit: Google

Make Yourself a Bucket List | Everyone knows what this is.

Getting Organised | Okay so I am pretty organised in some kind of fashion. I like to keep to do lists & notes on my phone but I also get pretty distracted. Let's take this for example; The blog post 'Things To Do During Lockdown' (click here) - I started this post around the 2nd week of December yet posted it 29th December because I got distracted. Then I started having a 'major' de-clutter of my room yet I've done half of it and I'm currently sitting here writing this post. My mind wonders. Being organised and tidy saves so much time in your day, in which you are able to complete so many more tasks or even have more 'me time'. 

Tidy & De-Clutter | As I've just said that I'm currently supposed to be having a declutter. But to be fair I'm classing this as a break as I have got rid of a fair amount of makeup, clothes, shoes and just usual junk that over time builds up. I have also pulled everything out of my room (Thanks to the help of my dad) and hoovered and polished everywhere and moved things about. I have stopped at the moment as I do need to buy a few storage boxes (yes thats an excuses). But bedroom - half done, loft - my part done, garage - my part done. Unfortunately, I didn't find any forgotten money in any of my jackets, better luck next time ahaha.

Inspiration - 'I haven't met the new me yet'. (Taylor Swift, Happiness, 2020)

Happy new year everybody, hope your all keeping safe x

Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It’s all about organisation for me... in every aspect! Great post!

    Steff x

    www.steffsjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyouu, definitely organisation is a key must. Can achieve so much more with a little bit of organisation and time. Happy New Year X

      Delete
  2. I really love this post. You made valid points. I agree with every point you made especially the GOAL SETTING and REVIEWING THE YEAR. I feel like reviewing the year helps you identify areas you need to improve, things you need to put in place and it helps you move on too. Also, setting goals give you a direction. I feel like if you start a new year without a goal then you are most likely to waste that year. Great post x!

    Ruth| Ruthiee loves Glamour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyouu so much! That is 100% true, 2020 was the year where we couldn't plan things and we could be 'lazy' in a sense but we definitely need some goals to put ourselves on the right path for a positive year. Happy New Year x

      Delete
  3. Loved this post. Hope you have an amazing 2021! Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe