Random Acts Of Kindness We Need To Do More Of...

December 08, 2020

 Hey guys,

So I can safely say on behalf of 99% of people that 2020 has been such an eye opener. I actually thought majority of people were kind but actually...So in February we seen Caroline Flack had taken her life due to mental health struggles and being trolled. We then saw a massive surge in people coming out and saying they were struggling and everyone was sharing quotes on 'Be kind' etc. Then Covid-19 hit big time! It really hit me about kindness when Marcus Rashford, a 23 year Manchester United player, hit the news. Back in 2019 Marcus hit the news when he was helping out homeless people with essentials over the Christmas time but he really headlined the news in March. Marcus teamed up with the poverty & food waste charities to deliver meals to those who could not receive their free school meals. Marcus Rashford raised over £20 million for children nationwide which resulted in 4 million children across the country. He then went a step further and called out the UK Government for how huge Child Poverty had gotten. This led to the Government announcing an extension of free school meals during the summer holidays. Rashford is still continuing to outdo himself, even earning himself a well deserved MBE. 23 years of age, same age as me, and I feel ashamed that I haven't done anything significant.

Positivity Jar created by one of my besties for Christmas
This got me thinking of how little acts of kindness can actually go along way and if we all do our bit we can make our place a much friendly and happier place to be. Some acts of kindness could include:

  • Donating to a food bank
  • Compliment people
  • Ask someone if their okay and pay attention to how they respond
  • Help someone out - in work, at home, your friends, a stranger etc
  • Listen
  • Appreciate 
  • Offer your time
  • Surprise someone
  • Spend time with loved ones
  • Comment
  • Share/Retweet small business pages
  • Hold the door
  • Buy dinner & drinks
  • Smile when passing someone
  • Support someone's ambitions, businesses & charities
  • Donate items from your house instead of just taking them to the tip
  • Reply to post
  • Respect staff especially in the hospitality & retail industry - They have really gone through the works this year (minus Key Workers & NHS obviously)
  • Do the drinks round in work - If my computer is slow or is in the middle of doing something and everyone is busy I'll take their cups and go make them cuppas and if we have biscuits I'll put them on their desks
  • Care package - During the first lockdown me and my friends done each other care packages and wrote little letters/notes in them to show that even though we are apart during lockdown we are still thinking of each other & the happier times and the times we'll create once we can
  • Share where you get your clothes from 
  • If you have a bus day pass and you have finished maybe pass it onto somebody else 
  • Give directions
  • Share the recipes
  • Take part in a charity walk/run
  • Laugh at someone's joke
  • Donate blood (if you can)
  • Volunteer
  • Leave a tip
  • Flowers - Every girl loves flowers - I felt awful during the lockdown and 2 of my friends bought me flowers and my favourite chocolates and they just brightened me up instantly
  • If it's raining, let someone under your umbrella
  • Offer to help someone move
  • Surprise notes - I remember years ago I fell out with one of my friends and at the time we was so shy and I remember when I got home a note fell out of my school planner and it said 'I'm still your friend x' and honestly that made me so happy
  • Tell the truth - Sometimes the truth may be painful but it's so much better than lying and feeling guilty
  • Fundraise
  • Pass books/dvds/cds/etc on
  • Manners
  • Call or text someone
  • Bring in some goodies in work
  • Be kind to yourself
In the words of Thomas Eaton - "If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love this. Kindness costs nothing but can make someone’s day❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it just. SO much better to be happier and the better person xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely think this year has taught a lot of us how much kindness can really go a long way xx

    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%, especially more than ever with this festive season xx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe