Colour Run or Dye, Liverpool

September 27, 2014

Hey guys!
 This time last week I had participated in the 5k (3.1 miles) Colour Run or Dye in Liverpool, Aintree. This was a fun-packed afternoon that I will always remember!
It is roughly £30 to take part, which I think is incredible as you get a 'swag bag' containing a bracelet, run or dye tattoo, a dye pack, a t-shirt and runner number. Just before the race there was a mini festival in which Sam from America led some pre-race stretches and got everyone pumping of energy. The overall race depends on how fast you tend to run. I completed the race in 50 minutes. You can run, walk, jog, dance your way to the finish line. I jogged as I found that the slower you go the more colour gets thrown on you! :)
There was many colour dye stations which include; yellow, green, light and dark blue, pinky-purple.
After the race, there was a mini festival in which was fantastic! There was lots of music that was suitable to everyone and got everyone dancing and joining in. Overall, it was memorable day and I will be doing it again :)

A tip I would advise before doing the colour run is to put leave in conditioner or coconut oil in your hair as it creates a barrier between your hair and the powder. This will help all the colour wash out. Another  tip I would advise is to lather yourself in moisturising body cream as this will also create a barrier between your skin and the powder. Also, to wash the stained clothing used cold wash only. I wiped my whole body with baby wipes then jumped in a warm shower (not too hot, not too cold) and used a sponge and shower gel to remove the rest of the colour from my skin. I found the green dye the worst to get off later on though! Another tip is to either wear no makeup or opt for waterproof makeup and moisturiser. I also recommend you buy a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the powder.

If you are thinking about doing it, my opinion is DO IT! The pictures and videos just show how much fun the whole day is!!





























































































































































































































































































http://uk.runordye.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbKwoBONEY

https://www.youtube.com/user/nadineh10/videos

https://www.facebook.com/runordye.gb?fref=ts


Remember just do it! It is not a competitive race and it will be a memorable day from you and your friends. Comment below if you have enjoyed this blog and if you have or want to do the Colour Run. Also, comment if you have any tips that can help others.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe