Whats in my makeup bag?!

September 23, 2014


Hey guys!
Whether I am going out for the day or weekend I always like to travel light as I don't want to carry around a bulky makeup bag that will take over my bag. Nobody wants to. I have recently sorted my makeup out as I have purchased a new makeup bag (as the other one was looking rather messy and covered in makeup), new makeup brushes and new makeup products (which include mini-travel products and samples) and thought I would start afresh and keep it organised and tidy. Therefore, I thought I'd share with you what's in my makeup bag.
I got this little makeup bag from eBay for £0.99. When I seen this I thought it was so cute and thought it would get quite a lot of wear out of it. It is small yet I can fit all my essentials in it, therefore I find this effective especially for its price. It does not take up a lot of space in my bag and is lightweight, which results in me forgetting it's in my bag. It is multifunctional and has 3 inner small pockets. There isn't a great range of colours as the seller only sells the product in baby pink or baby blue.
 
I thought baby blue would like nice in my bag as my main bag is a denim colour and I think blue connotes peaceful and spring. I don't know why but blue reminds me of holidays, that may be because of the sky and ocean and swimming pools, but I just find so relaxing and calming. According to theorists, the colour blue shows a person's 'loyalty' and 'causes the body to
produce calming chemicals,' therefore it is often used in bedrooms.

The first thing in my makeup bag is my Maybelline Dream Fresh 8in1 BB Cream for £7.99. I love this product as it doesn't break me out or give me rashes. This BB cream leaves my skin feeling refreshed and flawless, however I think there coverage could be a bit better. I find the price quite reasonable as it lasts quite a while. It has 8 benefits in 1 which include; blurs imperfections, brightens, evens skin-tones, smoothes, hydrates, enhances, protects with SPF 30 and has 0% oils and heavy ingredients. As it has no heavy ingredients it feels lightweight on the face and feels like you have no makeup on. It is easy to apply and blends really well too.

 The second thing in my makeup bag is my L'Oreal Paris True Match Powder for £8.19. I find this powder quite expensive, however it does what it states. It is light-textured and matches the colour and texture of everyone's skin, which results in a flawless finish. It can be applied as either a translucent layer or can be used to build up a more intense coverage to even your skin tone and cover imperfections. It can easily be blendable and I recommend it to everyone.
The third thing in my makeup bag is my Garnier anti-dark Eye Roll On for £5.23. It has a 2in1 formula which includes; moisturising eye care and a cooling roller ball and mineral pigments. The cooling roller ball refreshes and hydrates tired-looking eyes and the mineral pigments cover the dark circles quickly. I love this eye roll because it adapts perfectly to my skin-tone which leaves a flawless and naturally looking coverage. It is long-lasting and definitely makes me look more awake than I actually am. I have tried many alternative products but always end up switching back to this product because I find this more effective.
The next thing in my makeup bag is my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for £4.19. The only disadvantage to this concealer is that there isn't many shades to match everyone's skin-tone. The only shades available is cool medium, warm medium and dark. I love applying concealer that is 2 shades lighter than my skin-tone as it brightens up my skin and makes me look more awake. It is a cream formula which blends very well. On the packaging it claims to last 16 hours, however I do not wear makeup for as long as that, therefore I cannot say if it is true or not. I do find that the coverage is adequate for me and that it leaves my skin feeling immaculate and unclogged :) Also, the label on the packaging looks quite neat, but after having it for a while you start to notice that the label starts to rub off and will completely be gone, which I did not like as it makes the appearance less pretty and you would have to guess the concealer and shade. :|
Next in my makeup bag is my Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express the Mega Mascara for £7.99. I have had this mascara for quite a while, but at first I did love this mascara as it look quite flattering on the eyes. However, the mascara tends to clump on the brush which then clumps my eyelashes together. Therefore the lasting time of this mascara is not long. The packaging is very pretty and appealing. It does not give the volume it claims it does, although I do like to keep this mascara in my makeup bag because it is reasonable size to fit in and I want to find another mascara which can replace this one. Any recommendations? Leave below for me to read :)










Next in my makeup bag is my Nivea Lip Balm for £1.65. I love this lip balm at it is very hydrating and moisturising. I apply this every morning, every night and whenever my lips feel dry. I also apply it before my lip gloss and lipstick as I feel as though it goes on smoother. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my lips looking and feeling soft. Also, it is affordable therefore is a great money and problem solver. It has lasted me about 3-4 months :) 
If I going out to an event I would pack a few more products into my makeup bag. One thing I would keep in my makeup bag is my L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation for £9.99. A second thing I would keep in my makeup bag is a bronzer, normally I would just keep a sample bronzer. A third thing I would keep in my makeup bag is my blusher that I am currently wearing. The main blusher I use is Bourjois Little Round Pot for £7.99. Also, I would keep a lipstick and lip gloss that I am wearing that day in my bag for top ups.
 
Hope you enjoyed this blog post, comment below what you thought and what you would like me to do a blog post on :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Million lashes is brilliant, had it for a month now and it does wonders to my eyelashes. They go so big that I feel naked when I have no mascara on or have a different brand on. It is under £10 too. My favourite is the red one but they have just released a black one too

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe