Getting Back into Fitness

February 28, 2017

Hey guys,

When the New Year came I vowed to get back into fitness and become healthier but I did a work placement within a Primary School which meant my daily life was absolutely chocker with no free time. However, placement is over and I am being able to get my time back to actually get back into the gym. People always say to me I have a good figure that most people would love but literally it is just the clothes I wear. I am not body confident at all, I will never find myself wearing crop tops or skin tight clothes. Yes, I am quite small but the weight I put on goes to my hips/stomach and my boobs. Quite a lot of people have said to me about my boobs appearing from out of nowhere but thats because boobs are just lumps of fat, technically. So even though I think its a compliment that I have boobs, in the back of mind I know its because I've put the weight on. On holiday I am quite relaxed but I still have my body confidence at the back of my mind. Yes I may be a size 8 or 10 and have it lucky compared to a few people, however I would like to change my mindset and feel more confident within myself. I know I can do it! :) I am planning on going travelling after university and when I turn 21 I want go to Ibiza so I am trying my hardest and using that as motivation in order to achieve my dream body. 
Therefore, I have put together a little plan and some tips on how I going to ease myself back into the gym and what could help you.

  • Start the day with light exercise - This could be from doing a few stretches or going for a little jog/run around your area. My favourite morning routine (if I can get up and have the motivation ahah) is to do a plank (40 secs, rep 2), star jumps (25), sit ups (15 reps), crunches (15 reps), doggy leg raises (15 reps on each leg), hip bridges (40 secs, rep 3), squats (40-50), wall sit (30secs) 
  • Plan ahead - Plan the week before in your diary what you have scheduled for the week (school/uni, work, social activities) and then when you are free schedule in some gym sessions - Maybe see if your friends are free at the same time so then you can have a gym buddy. I personally can work out with my friends or by myself but I do know quite a few people who have to have a gym buddy to get motivation.
  • Set goals - small and achievable
  • Download a fitness app - There are so many apps available now. My favourite ones are; MyFitnessPal, 30 Day Workout, FitOn
  • New gym clothes - This makes me feel so more confident and positive. I am currently loving Primark's gym range, Pretty Little Thing's range, Ellesse and In The Style do a  good range of active wear. 
  • YouTube - Sometimes when I can't get to the gym I like to search for some exercise videos. I have found quite a few which I thoroughly enjoy. I simply look for exercises which target the part of the body I want to work out. I like to use the "Legs, Bums and Tums" exercises and I do find myself searching for "Bikini body" exercises.
  • Free gym with University - With my University, LJMU, we get a free gym pass which helps me majorly as it includes a steam room, sauna and classes too. However, for there is limited classes and they are usually timed when I have lectures so I don't really go to it. Also, we have to be in the gym before 3pm to get in. If we want to go in after 3pm and get access to more classes it is £9 a month, which I think is totally worth it and may opt for that. 
  • Online websites/dvds - There are many celebrities who have gone into fitness and have created online memberships or DVD plans such as; Lucy Mecklenburgh, Kady McDermott, Charlotte Crosby, Davina and Vicky Pattinson. I personally love Lucy's ResultswithLucy and follow her exercises on her Snapchat and use her as motivation on Instagram. I also have both of Charlotte Crosby's DVDS, belly and bum blitz. I love these DVDs and before I went to Ayia Napa I was using the DVDs, mostly the Belly Blitz, every 2 or 3 days. There are 12 exercises and at first I was struggling to get past the 3rd or 4th exercise but now I can complete all 12 exercises. I really do feel the burn with her DVDs. I am definitely going to go back to this!
  • Inspirational Board - A few months ago I created a motivational board which is pinned to my wall which every time I am lacing motivation and determination I look at it. It is straight ahead of my bed, therefore I see it every morning I wake up. This motivational board includes the body I dream of, celebrities and non-celebrities transformations, some simple exercises I can do at home, some motivational fitness quotes and places I want to travel.
Nadine Alex x
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe