Having a Spring De-clutter

March 09, 2017

Hey guys!

Boy last week was exhausting!! Instead of going to uni my mum and I ended up pulling everything out of the kitchen cupboards, the 2 fridges and the 2 freezers. I don't think I have ever been so productive yet exhausted in my whole life. 5 hours later with cuts all over me we successfully got rid of loads of things that were taking up storage.
We were very surprised at how much food we knew we were not going to eat so we made sure the ones that were in date were put into a box and took to charity and the ones that were out of date obviously goes into the bin. After sorting out the food we sorted all the cutlery, dishes, pans, tea towels and other kitchen accessories. We made sure everything was all organised and spotless. I literally felt like Cinderella scrubbing all the fridges and scrapping the excess ice from the freezer. A few hours later and a few cuts later the kitchen is literally like oh...my...god...sooo clean. We ever found little metal containers (that posh restaurants use) to hold the chips in. We also found rectangle plates that posh restaurants use too, normally for steak, but we decided today we were gonna put salad and chicken goujons along with the little chip bucket.

I decided I was going to clean the attic and sort out all my memory things that I had collected since I was born. Once that was sorted (which wasn't long, as I am scared of heights, I smashed the light so had to use my flashlight on my phone, and I was cold...disaster) I went to my bedroom for a bit of relaxation to find my Mum pulling everything out of my room. Good job she did! I ended up getting rid of loads of books and DVDs that I don't use and gave them to my little sisters and the ones they didn't want I am going to take them to a charity or a store that I can trade then in for. I got rid of loads of makeup and skincare which was past its sell-by date or which was cracked or which was crap. I also took the skincare that was on my bedside cabinet and put it onto another cabinet. This has made my bedside cabinet so much clearer and cleaner.

From cleaning out my makeup and skincare I found that I had quite a lot of duplicates. Therefore, I either gave the 2nd ones away to family or the ones that I thoroughly enjoy or in which I do need a duplicate for I have put in a little box and stashed under the bed so it makes more room in my skincare and makeup drawer. I also got given a cotton pads dispenser so all the loose cotton pads are not loose or getting dirty anymore. I have used one of my old candle holders to hold my cotton buds in. The candle holder was to cute to get rid of so I've kept it and put it to good use until I can get a nicer holder for my cotton buds. I have such a big nail polish collection which is getting out of hand and was taking too much room. Therefore, I have put them all into one big sweet jar (which it just literally fits in) and I have put it on the top cabinet which sits nicely next to my money jar and my photo frame.
From having a spring de-clutter I found quite a few hot tools around my room with again having duplicates. I checked to make sure the were all in good condition and if they were I gave them to my sister or my mum, depending who wanted and needed it. I now have 1 straightener, 1 curler, 1 hairdryer and 1 crimper (never know if you're gonna need it or not). I have stored all these in a little wooven basket next to my dressing table.
Under my bed was such a mess. It was one of the places which I shove things and wasn't bothered...until now. I literally had a foot spa, 4 big boxes, 4 small boxes, speakers, my uni folders, quite a few handbags and other crap under there. I have now cleared it out so now the foot spa is in the attic (which will hardly get use so Ive said if its not used by the Summer I'll get rid), and I've put one of the boxes which holds memory things in the attic along with the other memento's. So now under my bed I have a little box with the makeup and skincare duplicates in, a little box with stationary in and a little box full of Lush products. I then have 2 big boxes; 1 with summer clothes in (which it is too cold to get out yet) and the other box has the folders for uni, speakers and loose things that can be kept together. I then have a little wooven basket (a little bit smaller than the one I use for the hot tools) to keep all my chargers and wires together.

I then emptied the whole of my bedside cabinet and got rid of all my prescriptions and took them downstairs to the medicine cabinet. Who knew I had so much medication?!...I also cleared out magazines from last year and loose plasters and moved them into the skincare drawer. I literally found 4 vaseline tubs so I moved them into my skincare drawer. I had so much loose paper which some was crap (like to do lists from last year) to some important documents which shouldn't be left hanging loose. The important documents I then stored into a file under the bed. My bedside cabinet is 3 drawered, and with the bottom one being the skincare drawer, I now have an empty drawer after having a massive clear out. For my bags I didn't really have much to clear out apart from 1 handbag as I have; 1 gym/weekend bag, 1 uni bag, 1 work bag, 3 different coloured clutches and 3 backpacks (different sizes and used for different things.)

Finally, I then went to the longest and most difficult job which was my clothes. I literally pulled all the drawers out and tried every single item on. I checked all the clothes for any rips or if they had seen better days and if they had then I put them in the bin bags. I then got a second bin bag to put clothes in that I hadn't got the use out of but other people could do. My sister and mum decided to go through this bag and pick out clothes that they liked and what fit them. The clothes they haven't picked I am going to take to a charity shop on the weekend. My drawers can actually shut now and feel so much lighter...No more struggling to shut my drawers ahah. I now feel like I need to do an online shop because I have no clothes, but I am going to leave that for a bit and save. It will do me a world of good, to be honest!
Nadine Alex x
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe