Favourite books to read this summer:

July 08, 2014

When it comes to the summer I like to sit in my garden and read my books, including favourite and new books.

My favourite novel is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I have read this novel 3 times and seen the movie and absolutely loved it. At first I thought the film would let the novel down as I had the image already in my head, however it didn't let it down. It is about a young girl aged 16 named Hazel Grace and she has thyroid cancer so attends a support group. One day when she goes to support groups she meets a 18 year old boy named Augustus Waters who has lost his leg through cancer. They start to develop a friendship which grows stronger and they become closer. They slogan for this novel is 'One Sick Love Story.' Highly recommend this to everyone!

My other favourite novel is the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. I have currently read and watched the first movie. I am now moving onto the second and third novel because its so good. Its about a 16 year old girl named Beatrice 'Tris', whose test to determine what faction/category she goes into becomes inclusive which means Divergent. Divergent's are dangerous and if caught, get killed.  Tris meets her leader, Tobias 'Four', whose also Divergent. They develop a strong connection throughout this novel. This novel is a science fiction action book/film. I am now going to go onto reading Insurgent, which I am looking forward to. Highly recommend this to everyone!

I am going to read Looking for Alaska next as John Green (author of TFIOS) has recently announced that the producers are looking into creating a film based on Looking for Alaska. I have been recommended this novel by so many people, therefore feel like the summer will be a good opportunity to relax and read the book before the film comes out. The novel is suppose to 'poignant and funny yet heartbreaking and compelling.' The novel states that it will 'stay with you forever' which is a promising statement. It is about a boy named Miles Halter who meets a girl named Alaska Young. Alaska changes Miles which results in nothing ever being the same.

Also, I am going to read Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher. I went into Waterstones and WH Smith the other day and seen this novel attracting my eye.  I got drawn to it because the cover is such a bright red and bright text. I read the blurb and thought it was so interesting and researched more into it to see how good it is and what kind of novel it is. Ketchup Clouds is based on a harrowing tale of a girl learning to deal with love, family, remorse and grief. I have heard that the character, Zoe, is easy to relate to. Therefore, I am excited to read this book.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lovely post,dear!
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe