Balancing Blogging & Work

November 24, 2014
























As I am in my final year of Sixth Form (Year 13) it can be very time-consuming and difficult to balance everything with house chores, revision, homework and blogging. This can sometimes be stressful, therefore I need to balance my time effectively. Blogging can take hours of writing and photographing before the post is published. 


I am trying to organise and plan everything to help keep focused and concentrated on both my blogging and college work. Therefore, to make sure I am using my time productively I am going to upload a blog post once a week so I can focus my attention on college work and exams. I will probably upload on a Saturday night or Sunday depending on the quality of work I have!

I'm going to share with you my tips on how to stay organised with work and blogging:

Keep a blog schedule!
I keep a diary with all important dates in such as events and birthdays, days I am going to blog and when it is going to be published. I also keep a note of work I need to do that week and revision that I need to complete. This is really useful because I can plan aheead so I don't fall behind on blogging and work. I also use the notes section on my phone so I can keep a track of what needs to be done and by when. In my diary I have sub-headings for my blog posts so I can tick off what I have done. I have the headers P, E, W, C, S which stand for Photographs, Edited, Writing, Checked and Schedueld. This helps me keep organsied!

Writing posts in advance!
I have recently started to write posts in advance. I will use my time effectively in the holidays or whenever I have a free day to write posts in advance. This is helpful because I can easily write and finish a post and schedule it for the future and I don't need to worry about fallong behind. What I like about Blogger is that when you write a post you can choose in the settings when you would like the post to go up - Date and Time.

Homework & Revising comes first!
When I get homework or need to revise for an exam I WILL do it before blogging. I am sure your readers will understand if you are late putting up a post. I'm sure you would rather succeed in your exams and complete your homework in time instead of getting into trouble and falling behind. What I have learnt to do (because I used to be guilty of leaving of my work 'til last minute) is complete homework once you get set it. This means you can get it out of the way and not pile it up for one day. 

Take photographs in bulk
I tend to take a buch of photographs when I have good lighting and lots of free time. This helps save time as you wont have to keep setting up the camera and uploading the images to the computer. The last time I took photographs I took roughly 5 posts-worth.

Take a break
Blogging to me is a hobby and not a chore. Therefore, if I don't feel like in the mood to blog, I wont. I am sure readers wont mind if you miss a week because they know you will catch up. Try to fit blogging around your work as it should be fun and enjoyable. I love blogging as I am passionate and cannot wait until I can just sit down with my hot chocolate and write a post that my readers and I will enjoy. If you feel stressed about blogging then why not have rest and pamper yourself until you are back in the moment.

Comment any tips you want to share and what posts you would like me to do :) 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like your idea of using P, E, W, C, S to keep you organized. I do something similar but not exactly the same. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyouu, I do like to be organised! What do you do? Hope you enjoyed the blog post :)
      Just followed your Google_, your blog is quite good! :)

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe