My Top Tips To Starting Uni

December 07, 2016

Hey guys,

Some tips I am going to share with you for starting univeristy are:

1. Don't stress about your work
2. Do your assignments a week or 2 before - not that same week (I tended to do that and would stress and be in the library for hours and hours)
3. If they say it is an essential lecture GO TO IT
4. Go to the lectures when there are visitors, you won't be able to take that back
5. Go on the work abroad trip - unfortunately I missed the deadline, therefore; I regret that as I have always wanted to do that - maybe I'll get a second chance
6. Go to the events on Fresher's Week and for all of September/October
7. Move out into halls
8. Don't stress about money
9. Get a part-time job
10. Use the library
11. If you can try and stay out of the overdraft
12. Use your loan wisely and budget
13. Get a student discount card - Myunidays (online) or NUS card
14. Do your referencing as you go along - and double check your referencing is correct; ask someone to check for you or download the RefMe app (available on Apple App Store and probably Google Play)
15. Join society clubs - I also regret that - I did orignally sign up for Events Management, Football, Cheerleading and Zumba but didn't attend any of them. I regre these as I used to be a footballer and a cheeleader and they were some good memories
16. If you want to become a PR (club promoter) do it - I wished I did it when I had the chance as I'm always in the clubs and have had a few offers. Apparently you get £80 the night, free entry to other clubs, and discounts on the drinks, aswell as free shots. I've become friends with a lot of the PR staff and bar staff (due to working in the city centre and always being in the clubs) therefore I do get free shots and discounts but only off some people. 
17. Get books from the library early - I always found the books gone due to leaving my work until the last week
18. It's okay to make mistakes
19. Print your lecture notes out before the lecture (if you can) - saves writing everything down - most lecturers do not wait for you to write every word down before they change the slide
20. Finally, have fun!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe