Review: Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Eraser Concealer

May 05, 2017

Hey guys,

So this concealer is my favourite concealer going...minus the ever so loved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. Concealer is my go to when I just want a simple cover up when I'm going out and can't be bothered with foundation. It is a must have in my bag. 

There are currently only two shades; Light and Nude. The light shade is suited to a  yellow toned skin whereas the nude shade is suited to a pink toned skin. I have the light shade and find it is the perfect for my skin. The concealer has a round sponge/foam tip in which you twist the head of the applicator for the product to come out. At first it takes a while to twist the applicator to get the product to come out but once its the product starts showing it only needs 1 or 2 clicks each time. Some people think that this applicator can harbour bacteria in which can cause more breakouts. But I haven't had any skin problems since using this. Apparently, Maybeline argue that the sponge is actually 'antibacterial' and 'self-cleaning'...who would guess it? Not sure if its true, but hey ho.
The product itself is a dream. It is so creamy (but not too much) and covers the dark circles under my eyes with one swipe. It contains the Goji Berry extract and Haloxyl which are suppose to be ingredients which help the eye area. Goji berry extract is a natural antioxidant which helps anti-ageing and definitely helps when I am lacking in sleep. Haloxyl absorbs and eliminates the red (blood) pigments under the eyes which makes them feel brighter. 

To apply, I draw a triangle shape underneath the eye area after I've done my foundation and blend it in with my Real Technique's blending sponge. I actually use it underneath where I contour/above the jawline as I think it brightens this area and makes the contour and jawline look more stronger, without overdoing it. After this I set it with powder.

I think this concealer is great as it lightweight and doesn't get trapped in the fine lines. It doesn't really move either as it is really blendable. It dries really quickly and doesn't need any more layers but if you wanted to you can build it up. I love the fact that it gives off the radiant glowy look, especially in these summery days. I'd say the coverage is really good as it will last me the whole day without needing to top it up. 

Such a drug store bargain that everyone needs in their makeup collection! For £8.99 at Superdrug, where can you possible go wrong?

Nadine Alex x
______________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe