TV Shows & Films I Have Been Loving

December 11, 2017

Hey guys,

So there has been a lot of really good TV and film shows lately and binge watching an entire show is one of my favourite things to do. 


1. Doctor Foster
Yes...I am late getting into this show. I seen the second season getting advertised but thought it was too late to get into it. But then I came across the first season on Netflix. It is about a Doctor who believes her husband is cheating and therefore finds out more about her life. 

2. The Notebook
This one of my favourite films ever, it's such a beautiful romance story. It is beautifully portrayed by Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. It is based on Nicholas Sparks book and is about a young couple who fall in love in the 1940s. However, the boy, Noah, is a mill worker whereas the girl, Allie, is rich, therefore her parents don't approve. 

3. 13 Going on 30
I've only just seen this film on Netflix and oh my goodness it's so good. It is about a 13 year old girl, Jenna, who is sick of high school and prays to become "30, flirty and thriving." Her dream becomes a reality and realises she isn't ready for it. 
4. Power
Okay...this came out in 2014 but I've only just gotten around to watching it. I completely binge watched all of the seasons and so excited for the next season next year. Its about gangsters and drugs. At times it can be grimy but it is so good. The producer and one of the actor's is 50 Cent and is based on a nightclub owner who has everything; a wife, kids, a penthouse, club owner and power. However, he lives on the edge with his own drug empire.
5. 10 Things I Hate About You 
This will always be one of my favourites. I used to be obsessed with Heath Ledger when I was a kid and I loved Julia Stiles in Save the Last Dance. Its about a teenage girl, Kat, is quite abrasive compared to other teenagers, which leads to everyone being scared of her. Her younger sister isn't allowed to date until Kat starts dating. This results to her sister pulling strings to get Kat a boyfriend. 
6. Riverdale
This is currently one of my favourite Netflix series. It's hard to explain this show, but its about a mystery of a missing/dead popular high school student. It's easily become one of my favourite series; theres currently 2 seasons and they release an episode every Thursday. 

7. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
I've just finished getting up-to-date on this action filled Netflix original. It is based on the popular film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which is based on books by Cassandra Clare. It is about a girl, Clary, who once turns 18 and discovers her life was a lie/secret. She comes from a long line of human-angel hybrids, called Shadowhunters, who protect humans and hunt down demons. Her mother is kidnapped before she could be told the truth about her life so is therefore thrown into this crazy world. It is filled with creatures such as; vampires, werewolves and warlocks. 

8. The Sinner
I wasn't sure whether or not to include this as I am only a few episodes in but I am thoroughly enjoying this thriller. It starts with a young mother, Cora, and she seems emotional distressed and when she goes to the beach with her family she decides to drown herself; however fails. A while later (still on the beach) she sees some lad and out of nowhere she publicly stabs him to death, with no explanation as to why. It's an 8 episode series in which the detectives try and work out why she did what she did and try and dig into her past. Cora is played fantastically by Jessica Biel. 
9. Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past
I watched this film years ago and completely forgotten about it, to be honest. However, it has just been recently added to Netflix and I have watched it several times, so it needs to be added to this list. It is about a photographer called Connor who doesn't do commitment but just has numerous relationships with multiple girls. He receives a visit from 3 ghosts; past, present and future, who take him on an adventure through his failed relationship to help him ind out what made him become the man he is and helping him find hope for true love. 
10. Star Wars
Okay...I am a massive nerd when it comes to Star Wars, especially when I was a child. I changed my surname, so I was married to Anakin Skywalker and then my second word was JarJar and I had the JarJar Binks backpack. I'm still a huge fan now and decided to involve this in this list as the next movie comes out in 2 days. Eeeek so exciting...
Nadine Alex x
______________________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
______________________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @beauty7products
Instagram: @nadineealex_97
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex
Tumblr: Nadinealex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe