Review: Bubblegum Lip Scrub (Lush)

January 08, 2015

Hey guys!

I love Lush. Who doesn't though? I have especially been loving the Bubblegum Lip Scrub. 

Before this I have never tried their lip scrubs. Whilst shopping in Liverpool I decided to head into Lush for a Twilight bath bomb but ending up getting Twilight, Granny Takes a Dip, the Comforter and the Bubblegum lip scrub. I always get carried away and then wonder where my money has gone. Anyone else?!

At first I wasn't too sure whether or not to purchase it as it is £5.50 but with the hype it gets of people I decided to purchase it. It was totally worth it! The bubblegum lip scrub smells amazing. It has a mixture of Bubblegum and Candy Floss scent to it. If you have tried the Snow Fairy shower gel, you may compare it to this. It's taste is just as delicious, I am always tempted just to eat it. There aren't many ingredients in this as it is mainly caster sugar (which acts as the scrub) and jojoba oil (which aids in moisturising.) 





















To get to the point, it works! I used to suffer with very dry and chapped lips but since using this lip scrub my lip have become better and softer. I have had the pot for a  while now and I still have a lot of uses left.  I like to use this during my skincare routine in the morning to exfoliate to get rid of dry skin and prep my lips for lip balm, lipstick and lipgloss. I take a bit on my finger and rub it onto my lips for a minute. It doesn't leave any greasy residue and is lightweight. The taste can make it the product addicting which is good as you are more likely to use it. 



They have alternative flavours (3 permanent and an extra one at Christmas time) - Bubblegum, Mint, Popcorn and Santa Kiss. I do think it is quite pricey but it does go far and it does work. So I thought as long as it's effective its worth the money. 







You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. As much as I love Lush, I don't think I'd ever buy a lipscrub from there. I'd rather use the money on another twilight bath bomb :p I love making my own products and I actually made a post about a cheap DIY lipscrub! Give it a go if you'd like! I made mine in November and the recipe I used made the equivalent of 2 Lush lip scrubs :)

    http://snapsofdee.blogspot.com/2014/11/diy-sugar-lip-scrub.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      I agree there that it is quite expensive the lip scrubs, but I thought bath bombs range from £2.50-£4 and you get up to 1-2 uses (if you decide to break it in half) but I have had the lip scrub for months now and I use it several times a week and still got half a pot left. Ahhh I will have a look at your blog and DIY and will have a go :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Lush lip scrubs - they do wonders for my lips! Now all you need is popcorn to add to your collection ;) think I'm going to purchase bubblegum soon x

    gillmclaughlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to, bubblegum is my favourite out of them all. Ahh yes I do just need popcorn, might have to sneakily buy this when Im next shopping. To be honest, mint is my least favourite, so I have ended up giving this to my mum. Saves her money as it will just be sitting in my drawers x

      Delete
  3. This is literally my favourite lip scrub! It's so hard not to eat it though because It's so delicious haha, good post!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one, sometimes I will give in to temption and lick it and then apply more

      Delete
  4. I love the popcorn and santa's kiss lip scrub however bubble gum just tastes a bit odd to me, but then again most lip products don't work well for my chemistry! :D
    I also suffer from dry lips and so far this in conjunction with rose Vaseline works for me :)
    Great post
    Sarah from Beautistique.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Rose Vaseline, goes on smoothly, perfect, the Bubblegum lip scrub is my favourite but I do think it can be a bit too sweetly, maybe thats why you find it odd.

      Delete
  5. I love Lush but the price has always put me off! I'm definitely tempted to buy myself this scrub as I do suffer with chapped lips :) thanks for a great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like you myself, but I gave in to temption and I love it. It has done wonders and it lasts ages, its part of my essentials now :) xxx

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe