Students: Fresher's Week in Liverpool

September 19, 2021

Hey guys,

Okay so yes I did Graduate 3 years ago but I remember it like yesterday. I took advantage of the student nights and boy I miss them. As you may (or may not if your new) I live just outside Liverpool and I am a homebird so I decided to go to University at Liverpool John Moores. I don't regret this at all. Not being biased but I really do think we have the best nightlife. 

According to Student Hut, Liverpool is ranked 2nd in the top 10 destinations for students, just underneath Newcastle. Check it out for reviews on Liverpool from accommodation, restaurants, shopping nightlife etc. 

Aswell as the nightlife, Liverpool is packed with culture, museums, art galleries, famous musicians ( such as; The Beatles, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Atomic Kitten, Mel C (Spice Girls), etc.), famous actors (such as; Daniel Craig, Stephen Graham, Jodie Comer, Kim Cattrall, Paul McGann, Dominic Purcell, Paul O'Grady, etc.) and also films/TV series' that have been filmed in Liverpool (especially with the Tunnels) with the latest being the new Batman which is set to be released next year. 

  • Friends - I genuinely believe minus all the stereotypes people have about Liverpool we are one of the loveliest cities. You'll make so many friends. Some you won't see again, some you'll stay in touch with but doubt you'll see them much and then you have the ones where you can remember life without.  
    • If you are moving to the city, Fresher's Week is the perfect week to break the ice with your apartment, your course and just bumping into new people in the clubs (especially girls in the toilets) 
  • Momentums - You will in doubt be robbing silly little things throughout Uni but definitely on Fresher's Week. I'm not talking about serious things don't worry. But one of my friend's took a fire safety sign and a few glasses from the pub (especially gin glasses). I've seen people roaming the streets with traffic cones that they have taken haha. Everyone thinks its hilarious, it's such a typical student thing. 
  • Shopping - Who can resist spending their payslip? Imagine when your student loan comes in, especially your first income. Heaven... Hit those shops and have a splurge. It's deserved especially working so hard to get into University. Your a student once, live it to the full extent. Liverpool is full of different shops whether its the high end brands, independent stores, your typical shops etc. 
  • I remember coming home each night from Fresher's Week covered in stamps from the Promoters, I even had one on my neck at one point (I was friend's with the Promoters so one did it as a joke). You do get bombarded by them. You get rid of 1-3 promoters turn around and then there will be another few promoters. Especially wafting them free shot cards; in particular Concert Square. Lethal student section of Liverpool. The next morning you and your friends will be trying to piece the night together but with the stamps you can easily trace your steps back haha. And boy, trying to get them off hurt like a b***h. 
  • I didn't move out (due to my Mum & Dad's job I wouldn't have had the financial support & I do live nearby) therefore I do regret how I didn't have the full student experience. But in my defense I did stay in my mates all the time haha. But one thing I did notice for most people in first year was that everyone in the same apartment would have bought their own kettle, toaster, cutlery, plates etc. It's craziness haha.
  • Fresher's Week feels like it's never going to end. The events never seem to stop and there a few each night so you feel like its impossible. But somehow (I don't even know how) you manage to get through them (and especially power through the hangovers). This is why you see a typical student in a nice outfit and trainers haha. 
  • Freebies - Within that week Liverpool John Moores held an event where you can sign up for clubs and basically pick up freebies and vouchers. I came back with bags and bags full of goodies such as; notepads, pens, post it notes, some cans to drink at the pres (ahah) and there was also free slices of pizzas to grab whilst you was there. Who can resist?!
If you enjoyed this post check my other student experience posts - 



Nadine Alex x
_______________________________________________________________________________
Treat yourself over at Coconut Lane - www.coconut-lane.com 
Use the code 'nadinealex20' at the checkout for 20% off
_______________________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @nadineealex_
Instagram: @nadineealex_97 
Bloglovin: Nadine Alex

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I never went to uni but love hearing people's experiences - great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, my uni years are looong past! But I do still have some memories and they were great! I lived out for my last year but really it wasn't much different to living at home (except paying more money!) so I don't think you missed out on much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here ahah, I graduated in 2018 but still feels like yesterday. Only way of making me still feel young, I wish I could still do freshers, although I probably could seems as people still think I'm 18 haha. Best memories aren't they. Ahh glad I didn't miss out on much, just makes me realise the money I actually saved staying at home x

      Delete
  3. We have freshers week in Bournemouth and a lot of people take advantage of all the fun events that happen in town. It looks like so much fun. I want to visit Liverpool. Thank you for sharing.
    Lauren - bournemouthgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to take advantage of it haven't you, best memories are made. You should definitely visit Liverpool, you would have so much fun. I definitely want to visit Bournemouth after reading your itinerary haha x

      Delete

Search This Blog

Subscribe